60fps console games will become increasingly rare, analysts warn gamers

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Simple answer is up until now games were being built for hardware that cost $400 15 years ago.

It’s easy for modern hardware to brute force those games to 60fp.

As developers start to use modern graphics and logic tech, they are building it to modern hardware spec, and they don’t have the overhead to push high framerates unless that’s their goal from jump.

If console players want “next gen” graphics and tech then framerate is the sacrifice that has to be made.
So when do you think this will change?

When will these sacrifices not be an issue?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Aaron Greenberg said 60fps was going to be the standard for XBSX. So either he didn't understand or intentionally worded it this way to give a false impression.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Like I said before the obsession with 60 fps is weird as fukk. I didn’t see people whining about this shyt last gen and the gen before.

60 fps is nice but seeing dudes talk about not buying a game if it isn’t 60 fps is mad weird lol.

I think it's because people are spending $500 plus tax for these consoles plus games are $70 off the bat people want more bang for their buck...I mean i would be mad if you advertised these systems and games to be truly next gen but their not...:what: wouldnt you be?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think it's because people are spending $500 plus tax for these consoles plus games are $70 off the bat people want more bang for their buck...I mean i would be mad if you advertised these systems and games to be truly next gen but their not...:what: wouldnt you be?
They're truly next gen, though. They're just not powerful enough to offer cutting edge visual splendor with all the bells and whistles + 60fps + native 4k. You need a monstrous amount of computing power for that. And even if we got it, developers would still choose to pack in more graphical effects at the expense of frame rate and *native* resolution.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They're truly next gen, though. They're just not powerful enough to offer cutting edge visual splendor with all the bells and whistles + 60fps + native 4k. You need a monstrous amount of computing power for that. And even if we got it, developers would still choose to pack in more graphical effects at the expense of frame rate and *native* resolution.

I am saddened...:francis: