6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
There's a couple of projects that will be kinda interesting, I guess. But considering my job history, this role seems like a waste of space on my resume.

It's a holding company with 2 businesses. One of the businesses bought the other one and formed the holding company for future expansion. Despite the purchase taking place years ago and the holding company forming a year ago -- they operate separately and thus have duplicate tools. So, I have 2 separate email addresses, 2 different calendars. And access to 1 slack instance, although I think there might be 3 of them. The project to merge all these accounts and consolidate things might be interesting. But it could also end up being annoying and filled with having to resolve login\account issues.

They still use LastPass (weren't they hacked a while back).

Couldn't get into my 2021 M1 laptop until noon-ish because only the west coast IT guy had the password.
Apparently most people have pre-M1 macs. How do most people still have pre-2021 laptops? Why did I get a 3 year old laptop?

According to the today's All Hands which I was fighting to stay awake during... the financials aren't as good as they used to be. It seems like it's one of those businesses that strived during the pandemic, but now not so much.

They're moving offices next week, which is why they were so eager for me to start sooner. They're sending a dude from overseas to help next week. I'm trying to find out if they have a vendor to install the conference room equipment (and mount the TVs) because I have no desire to do that shyt.

Edit: To the young folks reading this: keep learning\progressing. This is a cautionary tale

Why you ain't ask for a newer laptop? Closed mouths don't get fed.

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
My company just moved into a new office and want an AV setup in the open area where the workstations are at for training sessions and all hands meetings. I got them quotes that asked for everything that they wanted and they are like :francis:

I knew they were gonna be cheap. I ask what's the budget and I can never get a straight answer.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
So our big boss was more or less moved to a different role and we no longer have a sector lead. My account will now be under a woman who minorly had a presence on our team but leads more CPG projects.

People hate my former manager and I’m honestly surprised he’s still here-everyone says he basically does nothing. This company cares more about talking about work than what you actually accomplish like back in college when you know when someone clearly didn’t do the assignment/reading but talks throughout the class.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So our big boss was more or less moved to a different role and we no longer have a sector lead. My account will now be under a woman who minorly had a presence on our team but leads more CPG projects.

People hate my former manager and I’m honestly surprised he’s still here-everyone says he basically does nothing. This company cares more about talking about work than what you actually accomplish like back in college when you know when someone clearly didn’t do the assignment/reading but talks throughout the class.
What would drive me credit is when all the work is done that person will get credit for being a big contributor even though they didn't shyt but talk.

I had one employee under me who was like that. He'd come to the table with ideas and wanted everyone else to do the work. I told him if he wants to see the idea implemented he'd have to step up and do some of the preliminary work to get the ball rolling. All of a sudden he wasn't all that interested in the project.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why you ain't ask for a newer laptop? Closed mouths don't get fed.
They don’t have any newer ones. Manager says there’s going to be an office wide hardware refresh this fall. No idea that includes mine or not.

So, I got home from work like 15 minutes ago because the company is moving offices. I had managed to avoid working an office move for my entire career, but the gods of career life finally got me. Damn.

It’s crazy though. They sent a teammate from Australia to help. So it was me, him, and the office manager. Plus some contractors painting the conference rooms.

Me and my teammate have to mount the TVs and set up the conference rooms, but can’t because they’re still painting. The TV deliveries were annoying because the delivery breh wouldn’t bring them inside. And we had to unbox one of them on the ground floor for it to fit in the freight elevator.

Every other place one worked would've hired a contractor to do this stuff. I don't want to mount an 85-inch TV.

The office manager needs an assistant. I can't believe they've got her handling it solo (expect for the IT stuff, of course).

It's pretty clear that they don't have much money to spend.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If my job was remote I could go spend more time with my parents. I live in NYC, they live in Atlanta. I see them like 2, maybe 3 times a year.

I'm thinking about this because one of their friends died on Monday. And another one died on Tuesday. I knew the one who died on Tuesday. I hope his wife will be ok living alone.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Dealmaking >>>> Corporate cubical serfdom
Kumbaya, my lord, kumbaya
full

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can I get a job where I don’t have to deal with conference rooms?