6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m in the process of updating my resume because I’ve been in jobs exactly like this one a few times before. Do y’all lie and tell interviewers that you’re a contractor or are you honest?

I’ve only been here a month and a half.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Anyone take network+? That will be the first cert I take as I am an ass at networking outside of the basics. Then diving into Azure and cloud computing.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There’s no failover internet in the office…

After an amateur investigation by me, I called the ISP. Turns out it was a misconfiguration on their end. Downtime was about 2 hours.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Amazon hit me :skip: 5 days RTO :hhh:
strap-gun.gif

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone been in a more traditional Eng. role and been contacted by a tech startup company?

I posted about it earlier in the tech layoffs thread but comp would look like this:

$140k - Base Salary
1.25x to 1.5x base salary in Equity.
($175,000k to $210,00k)

I work a relatively chill gig and I make a good salary BUT the total comp is fukking crazy.

The downside is they have not IPO'd, the upside is they have been spoken about all over the internet extensively
and business looks potentially healthy.

They've reached out to me two times now but I've spoken to the recruiters and I'm hesitant to give up a comfortable
well paying gig for something that could be stressful and/or never pan out especially if they DON'T IPO.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Has anyone been in a more traditional Eng. role and been contacted by a tech startup company?

I posted about it earlier in the tech layoffs thread but comp would look like this:

$140k - Base Salary
1.25x to 1.5x base salary in Equity.
($175,000k to $210,00k)

I work a relatively chill gig and I make a good salary BUT the total comp is fukking crazy.

The downside is they have not IPO'd, the upside is they have been spoken about all over the internet extensively
and business looks potentially healthy.

They've reached out to me two times now but I've spoken to the recruiters and I'm hesitant to give up a comfortable
well paying gig for something that could be stressful and/or never pan out especially if they DON'T IPO.
Working for a startup is not fun. But it can move you up the career ladder pretty quickly because you will be doing EVERYTHING.

Comp seems low, depending on stage of the startup.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Anyone here experienced in distributed systems?
Im trying to up my game in this area but damn the amount of literature on the subject is really overwhelming and im looking on structuring a sensible self-study plan