6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
At least they pay you the big bucks. :ld:

True that just grateful to have a job in this economy..but for the next three months..half my life will be in a hotel room. It's not sustainable long term.

I realize why the median years here is two years. The guys who last hate being home with their wives n kids.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
My job's hiring someone for my initial role, but the salary range is significantly lower than when I joined a few years ago. :francis:

I've also been applying for jobs on the side, had an interview yesterday and passed it easily. But I only got the interview because I knew someone. I never would've been called if I applied using their online posting. Frustrating knowing there are jobs I have the skills/experience for, but can't get seen. I'd hate to be unemployed searching right now.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:francis: does the job at least seem fulfilling?
There's a couple of projects that will be kinda interesting, I guess. But considering my job history, this role seems like a waste of space on my resume.

It's a holding company with 2 businesses. One of the businesses bought the other one and formed the holding company for future expansion. Despite the purchase taking place years ago and the holding company forming a year ago -- they operate separately and thus have duplicate tools. So, I have 2 separate email addresses, 2 different calendars. And access to 1 slack instance, although I think there might be 3 of them. The project to merge all these accounts and consolidate things might be interesting. But it could also end up being annoying and filled with having to resolve login\account issues.

They still use LastPass (weren't they hacked a while back).

Couldn't get into my 2021 M1 laptop until noon-ish because only the west coast IT guy had the password.
Apparently most people have pre-M1 macs. How do most people still have pre-2021 laptops? Why did I get a 3 year old laptop?

According to the today's All Hands which I was fighting to stay awake during... the financials aren't as good as they used to be. It seems like it's one of those businesses that strived during the pandemic, but now not so much.

They're moving offices next week, which is why they were so eager for me to start sooner. They're sending a dude from overseas to help next week. I'm trying to find out if they have a vendor to install the conference room equipment (and mount the TVs) because I have no desire to do that shyt.

Edit: To the young folks reading this: keep learning\progressing. This is a cautionary tale

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's a safe space, breh. Therapize as you wish.
I totally thought I deleted that long post above.

I needed a job and accepted one that’s below where I want to be. And I think I’ve been in this rut for a couple of years now. It hasn’t all been bad, but it ain’t great. And along with a couple of layoffs, it just looks kinda suspect on my resume.

I'm gonna keep studying to be ready when a good job listing comes up. I made a list of topics/certs I'm interested in a few months ago.

New job is moving offices and after that (October), I’ll be switching to a hybrid schedule. I should be able to use my down time to plot my escape/interview/study.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Check in meeting with Australian HR lady, which means it's in 15 minutes (7PM).
:francis:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:francis: those are fighting words. I'm not saying crash out... but :francis:
Office move this week. They're sending a guy from Australia to help. He's been talking with the ISP and managing some things from over there, but the office manager isn't sure if he arranged to have people come in to mount the conference room TVs and equipment.

Office manager says we can use Task Rabbit for that, but I don't like leaving things to chance.

Also, she says she's coming in on Monday to work on setting things up.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Let me stir up controversy because the way a metric is calculated makes me look bad this. only this month though it was fine all year.

You would swear I work at a daycare sometimes. I hate these execs