6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes people in upper management need to seriously know their limitations or at least spending some time learning the tools. SVP of Engineering gets on the call and could not display how any tools in their development environment works and wanted to lead the call. Like dude, at least have a dev so we can get the desired information.

Why wouldn't they have a PM or someone with intimate knowledge of the tools run that shyt?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I’m using the next two weekends to really look at my spending…it feels like there’s been some leakages of late that I need to patch up.

Just did the prudent thing and cancelled the rest of my summer travels. Gonna bring it in until at least Thanksgiving.

Can’t run away from the belt tightening, eventually it has to be done.

Daps
It’s a interesting thing as a breh currently in entry level IT. There isn’t many of us so the pushback is real.

Co workers want to “chat” to gauge your socio-economic status and slyly belittle you through sharing weekend plans or what your “passions” are. In the end there’s no winning if your cultured they want you to be their tap dancing book smart black friend, if your not deemed cultured you’ll be the poor black friend who is too lazy or too stupid for their own good.

Once you show you know their game and aren’t completely incompetent at your job they perceive it as a challenge to their entire integrity as people. A minimum wage job becomes the olympics and in a attempt for you to fall for the burn out trap. They will conversation topics to belittle you for being a breh, and even if you don’t participate they want to make you feel uncomfortable with how they can freely demean your integrity in public.

The goal turns into a race to either get you fired for not being a “cultural” fit, to get a rise outta you through some slick comment about culture, or what fancy place is near where they live.

I always wondered why there wasn’t alot of brehs here but now I see the environments in it’s entry level tried to push us out. The goal here isn’t to out compete, nor try to trade your integrity for group acceptance of who mainly consists in entry level (asians, whites, and indians) but to treat it like a marathon. Do just enough to get your experience, and work like hell on your next leap pad into higher pay.

Sole reason why I’m pressing full steam ahead into my CCNA. Higher pay, and the work is speaks for itself. Entry level is crowded with people who are perceived as socially good (really because of who’s judging) and are good with basics so they feel strong but have no clue about how to level up in IT.

Experience is king brehs but it’s the right kind of experience is the bread and butter. You could do entry level work and get a bunch of experience or you can grab a couple years of entry level grab a foundational cert which unlocks multiple routes for you (CCNA/Networking is the foundational of everything cloud, devops, Security, remote work, etc) and leap over some of these experiences quicker.

I’m taking my CCNA end of august to leap over these experiences. To all the brehs in IT it isn’t worth your integrity

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Had a first round of what sounds like many for a new company/role back in research, it was hard to read the interviewer’s reaction but hoping it went well. Interviewing is so draining but I need more money and a different culture, this one seems promising.

Gonna apply elsewhere too while I’m at it of course

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
It’s a interesting thing as a breh currently in entry level IT. There isn’t many of us so the pushback is real.

Co workers want to “chat” to gauge your socio-economic status and slyly belittle you through sharing weekend plans or what your “passions” are. In the end there’s no winning if your cultured they want you to be their tap dancing book smart black friend, if your not deemed cultured you’ll be the poor black friend who is too lazy or too stupid for their own good.

Once you show you know their game and aren’t completely incompetent at your job they perceive it as a challenge to their entire integrity as people. A minimum wage job becomes the olympics and in a attempt for you to fall for the burn out trap. They will conversation topics to belittle you for being a breh, and even if you don’t participate they want to make you feel uncomfortable with how they can freely demean your integrity in public.

The goal turns into a race to either get you fired for not being a “cultural” fit, to get a rise outta you through some slick comment about culture, or what fancy place is near where they live.

I always wondered why there wasn’t alot of brehs here but now I see the environments in it’s entry level tried to push us out. The goal here isn’t to out compete, nor try to trade your integrity for group acceptance of who mainly consists in entry level (asians, whites, and indians) but to treat it like a marathon. Do just enough to get your experience, and work like hell on your next leap pad into higher pay.

Sole reason why I’m pressing full steam ahead into my CCNA. Higher pay, and the work is speaks for itself. Entry level is crowded with people who are perceived as socially good (really because of who’s judging) and are good with basics so they feel strong but have no clue about how to level up in IT.

Experience is king brehs but it’s the right kind of experience is the bread and butter. You could do entry level work and get a bunch of experience or you can grab a couple years of entry level grab a foundational cert which unlocks multiple routes for you (CCNA/Networking is the foundational of everything cloud, devops, Security, remote work, etc) and leap over some of these experiences quicker.

I’m taking my CCNA end of august to leap over these experiences. To all the brehs in IT it isn’t worth your integrity
This is why nepotism is so important. Other groups do it as well and feel no shame.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Signing in for the day, and my company was affected by crowd strike, I’m seeing mad emails, plus one of my computers needed a huge update.

Ironically I took pto on Friday and 90% of my team was out. I could have legit got away with not using pto.

@JT-Money @threattonature @Obreh Winfrey

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Signing in for the day, and my company was affected by crowd strike, I’m seeing mad emails, plus one of my computers needed a huge update.

Ironically I took pto on Friday and 90% of my team was out. I could have legit got away with not using pto.

I would be pissed if I wasted PTO for that crap.
:pachaha:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

LOL that shyt is the worst. Not like you could see a whole system being down though. For me it's always the day before/after a holiday I never use PTO on because I know things will be so slow that it's basically a free day off.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

It was no affect on my project, but an old colleague doing infrastructure for a different project said they couldn't do their Azure deployment because of it. Not like I did shyt on Friday anyway :pachaha: . I'm trying to push through this user story within the next day or two so I can sit on my hands the rest of the sprint.