6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Very irritated and finally getting off my ass to start searching. I didn’t get the promotion and it literally wasn’t even addressed, it just didn’t happen even though my big boss assured me it would. Whatever it’s my fault for not moving sooner I got too comfortable
Are you back from leave?
If not, why would they make a job change while you're on leave?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Very irritated and finally getting off my ass to start searching. I didn’t get the promotion and it literally wasn’t even addressed, it just didn’t happen even though my big boss assured me it would. Whatever it’s my fault for not moving sooner I got too comfortable
You didn't say anything? Like "where's my promotion"?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Are you back from leave?
If not, why would they make a job change while you're on leave?
Yes I’ve been back since February. They announced two promotions because we had one of my bosses switch to another division and my big boss was the one to bring it up. She said at the time that the CEO had to approve everything and that it would take effect after the review cycle. That was a disorganized mess and then I just got a 2% raise and a modest bonus, like smmfh I’m over it.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
You didn't say anything? Like "where's my promotion"?
Yeah and she kept saying it was on leadership but they promoted a bunch of people. Whatever I’m out, it’s very clear now-that was the only reason I wasn’t speaking with recruiters really prior to my return but I just talked to one today.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
My last job was a startup of ~110 people and I was the only Black person.

:francis:
:francis: we're a large company but a wood shop teacher could count on their fingers how many other black people I've directly worked with in my time here. Company loves to show us off in a non-business capacity though, as if we can't or don't exist on the corporate side.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:camby: Company ringing me on my days off and then later trying to act like they didn't know or made a mistake as if I'm not already marked down on the very visible calendar as being on vacation time. They really think we're stupid when they try to pull that shyt. FOH.

Daps
I don't mind corporate life but I hate the lame brained decision-making that goes on above.
As a breh it’s hilarious to see co workers within teams quick to use the “we” word when there’s potential to look weak but switch up quick to gate keeping information that would make the team function as a actual team.

I just let them run the play, because the lovely thing about IT is certifications/experience will always give a leappad towards greener pastures than trying to safeguard as much work as possible by making up as much protocols in a team environment so you can to look like the best employee/team lead.

I notice though in these environments they want to get a rise outta brehs. I just let em feel like they are doing something, while I grab up the experience and armor with certs to leap right over them without them even knowing.

The higher you go it becomes easier to see the foolery coming, and easier to professionally side step it. I think this is why there always that attempt to get us to crash out with the passive aggression, but the more you sustain in this field the salary edges them out and they know it too.

Last edited:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes people in upper management need to seriously know their limitations or at least spending some time learning the tools. SVP of Engineering gets on the call and could not display how any tools in their development environment works and wanted to lead the call. Like dude, at least have a dev so we can get the desired information.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I’m using the next two weekends to really look at my spending…it feels like there’s been some leakages of late that I need to patch up.

Really want my spending to be optimized for the 2nd half of the year. Spend on things I won’t have regrets on, put the excess in my housing fund.

I’m glad my investing is still consistent. DCAing into some stocks and KIM. Will need to change that strategy a bit in the next couple of months but gonna focus on expenses for now.

To think of where I was coming from just 2-3 years ago…

God is great :wow: