6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Maybe wrong thread but I got into Georgia Tech to get my Masters in Analytics. I'm hype, going to do the track thats closest to CS and maybe transfer.

I'm doing Data Scientist work now but don't have the title and my education is weakest part of my resume. This should help.

Shout out to @Rekkapryde . A long time ago on a Madden forum he gave me career advice when I was in undergrad. Cool that I end up at GT now.
Congratulations, as for the bolded would this be the analytical tools track? Looked it up after you posted as I think about maybe doing the same in the future, definitely reasonable as far as prices go.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Congratulations, as for the bolded would this be the analytical tools track? Looked it up after you posted as I think about maybe doing the same in the future, definitely reasonable as far as prices go.

Im doing track C "Computational Data Analytics"

There's a lot of overlap between that track and their masters in CS

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m feeling lost as I’m still unemployed.

My latest interview was the first round for the yet another on-site IT team of one role. :francis:

The hiring manager used to at a company that I also worked at, but he had left before I joined. That was yesterday.

Today, my old manager told me that the hiring manager reached out to him asking about me. My old manager hated working for this dude.

The job hunt is getting to me. I have a 6k medical bill that insurance doesn’t cover. And I have to decide if I want to exercise the rest of my vested stock options from my old job. I’ve already bought some of them, but the rest expire next week.
:mjcry:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
My current role has a bunch of useless meetings that they want my team in person for while another 40+ people join via zoom. :beli:

I'm very close to just bucking on all this shyt moving forward. A breh patience is very low for time wasting endeavors.

I'm in the interview pipeline w/ a GOLDEN opportunity. Last one is on Friday. (I would start early-mid next month).

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I got one more career pivot here in the Bay before I bounce. As a Naija breh at 29, the career growth has been immense but the Bay is the place you come to take big risks for big rewards. That’s my next step.

You also really need to be locked in here. The social life isn’t like an NYC, ATL or DMV for black folk.

Locking things up until the end of summer after which I’ll have better direction on next steps to take. First 5 months of this year have been very disruptive due to travel.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This is gonna be one of those summers where I’ll have to really on the grind for a pivot.

There comes a time in every man’s life that he has to make that next big jump. This is the time for that next big jump for me.

Button down the hatches and go monk mode for a bit.

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
1) Is it worth anything right now?
2) Can you afford it?
3) How long before it expires?
I purchased some a couple of months ago and the rest expire today. It's a crypto related company and I'm not sure if the stock is ever going to pay off, but I felt like I should take a chance just in case. Going to let the rest expire.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I purchased some a couple of months ago and the rest expire today. It's a crypto related company and I'm not sure if the stock is ever going to pay off, but I felt like I should take a chance just in case. Going to let the rest expire.
They are lottery tickets. Might as well grab a bunch of they aren't expensive.

I got some options vesting in a few months, gotta stack my coins to exercise them.

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Job hunting is going pretty good. I have 2 recruiter calls for security positions coming up. Either one of these could finally get me out of doing the generic IT support roles that I've been stuck in for the last couple of years.

Also, have an interview for a lead IT role because beggars can't be choosers. At least it's hybrid though.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_o2ri1yMzKZ1udh5n8o1_400.gifv

Good job management :smh:

Daps
What does it say about a company that in one of the worst tech job markets in decades, people are stampeding towards the exit? And it's happening with key people with across different job functions. Sales, product, operations. Everyone is rushing away from this dumpster fire company.

Tomorrow's my last day and I'm literally considering getting fired before 10 am to be done with it.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Had 2 interviews this week

1. Contract role that pays $20K more than current gig, and i go back fully remote. I cooked in the interview and already have an offer on the table
2. Full time perm, hybrid (20 min commute), $40-60K increase, great brand recognition, and my role changes. I hear back next week

Either way I give notice on Monday :umad: