6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just had a Zoom interview with a recruiter. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't move forward with me. I'm kinda meh on the role and I think I had trouble hiding it. It's a not very interesting looking startup and the salary was kinda low. I think it's good to take calls for jobs you're not interested in though.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Y'all ever just have the urge to choke the shyt out of a coworker every time y'all year their voice :pachaha: ? Like you ain't really mad at them as a person, you just want them to quit with they bullshyt.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I need to stop being nervous in front of bosses. But I know if I stand on my square something that should be a simple conversation may go left quickly.
Why do you think that? Be confident in your knowledge and skills. If shyt goes left, that's a sign that you probably need to find employment elsewhere. shyt I'm in that position right now.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Do IG links not work anymore? This is was from the New York Times about who is still working remotely.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Another relatively high profile departure thanks to the return to office mandate. This is going to cripple the platform seeing as this person was THE go to individual for any sort of development questions. It's wild to watch a company handicap itself right before your eyes.

Also I feel like my team is being set up to fail because of how mismanaged this project has been. Still the ongoing issue of the contractors who are the solutions architects failing to come up with enough work to keep us busy. So my boss tried to find other work for us to do to make up for it. Problem is that he's committing us to work we have zero background on, and then we get pressed to deliver. And to our credit we do - but eventually we hit roadblocks that we can't clear ourselves. For instance we're doing some data ingestion on data we don't own, from one or more systems we don't own and have never dealt with, and we get push back from those systems when we try to do something. On top of that, some of that data needs cleanup and it's not something we're able to do or even responsible for... So we complete one part of the puzzle but the solutions architects seem to be reporting that we've completed the whole puzzle, and then leadership comes down on my boss, and by extension us, because they got bad information :skip: . I hate these white people so much :snoop:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Another relatively high profile departure thanks to the return to office mandate. This is going to cripple the platform seeing as this person was THE go to individual for any sort of development questions. It's wild to watch a company handicap itself right before your eyes.

Also I feel like my team is being set up to fail because of how mismanaged this project has been. Still the ongoing issue of the contractors who are the solutions architects failing to come up with enough work to keep us busy. So my boss tried to find other work for us to do to make up for it. Problem is that he's committing us to work we have zero background on, and then we get pressed to deliver. And to our credit we do - but eventually we hit roadblocks that we can't clear ourselves. For instance we're doing some data ingestion on data we don't own, from one or more systems we don't own and have never dealt with, and we get push back from those systems when we try to do something. On top of that, some of that data needs cleanup and it's not something we're able to do or even responsible for... So we complete one part of the puzzle but the solutions architects seem to be reporting that we've completed the whole puzzle, and then leadership comes down on my boss, and by extension us, because they got bad information :skip: . I hate these white people so much :snoop:
In the same boat. I'm plotting my escape right now. Taking the CISSP next month and then I'm breaking free. It's amazing how some of these places manage to make money with some of the decisions being made by people who have absolutely no clue what they are doing :francis:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
In the same boat. I'm plotting my escape right now. Taking the CISSP next month and then I'm breaking free. It's amazing how some of these places manage to make money with some of the decisions being made by people who have absolutely no clue what they are doing :francis:
I feel you. I been soft shoeing it before but I really need to punch my ticket out of here. I been stagnant for entirely too long. Probably been 2 years since I wrote code that felt like code, and maybe 4 years since I had a legitimate technical challenge rather than a bureaucratic challenge.