6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My company had a dude run 3 calls for a critical project this AM and then laid him off :wow:

I could never be fully loyal to the corporate world
That's the most cold-blooded shyt I've heard in quite a while.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
One of my LinkedIn connections is a talent acquisitions manager. I had applied for a role that she was the recruiter for years ago when she was at a different company. I didn’t get the job back then and she probably doesn’t remember me. I’m interested in a role at where she’s worked now.

Any tips for messaging recruiters/HR folks on LinkedIn?
find a nice template and just be friendly

Reaching Out to Recruiters on LinkedIn [+ Sample Messages] - Networking Email Templates

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Multiple people have recently left my team.
But they also don't plan on backfilling and want the rest of us to step up and take on more responsibility.

Considering the amount of money they saved via attrition, they're going to have to up my salary and title or I'm :camby:

I've been frustrated with my career growth here, this is gonna be my line in the sand.

My plan half worked. I got a promotion but I think I can still do better. Gonna use this as leverage on my resume and push for a new job in a few months.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rejected from both jobs I was waiting to hear back from.

:mjcry:
I'm annoyed that they've just been generic rejection emails. I interviewed for 4 hours with these companies.

They're not begging for workers anymore, so they can go back to treating applicants like shyt.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have a phone interview with a recruiter later this week.

My resume still says I'm at my old job. What should I say during interviews about it? Should I say that I'm no longer at that job? What should I say about why I left?

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Have a phone interview with a recruiter later this week.

My resume still says I'm at my old job. What should I say during interviews about it? Should I say that I'm no longer at that job? What should I say about why I left?
9/10 times im going to say im still at the old job until its been a few months.

If you want to let them know you're gone you can either say it was a contract role (always works) or you got laid off (all the layoffs in the news make this plausible)

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I meet with my big boss tomorrow but we always chat to corral on big projects

My landlord isn’t charging me a $1 more in rent so I’m gonna stay was mulling going to Houston

a Carters employee called my son a monkey 3x around Thanksgiving the lawsuit didn’t quite work out but fukk em forever

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Phone interview was canceled because they're putting the position on hold for a few weeks.

In other news, before I left my job, I had asked a couple of the engineers to talk to a friend of mine who wanted to apply for a role, but was feeling unsure of herself. I started an email chain to introduce her and she told me that she arranged a time to have a call with them. So why is she now ignoring my texts?

She's that friend who disappears a lot, but I don't get why she's gone silent on me.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I've been slacking the past 2-3 on doing anything on the career advancement front. Today im sending out networking emails and starting a new sql project
2 networking meetings locked in.

People are much more willing to assistance to when you show genuine interest. Its sometimes tough as a breh ask for help from non black people, i need to get better at moving in good faith