6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Have a phone interview with a recruiter later this week.

My resume still says I'm at my old job. What should I say during interviews about it? Should I say that I'm no longer at that job? What should I say about why I left?
Tell them you were laid off and keep it moving.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
@Obreh Winfrey
It’s been real fam:

:hubie:

@Spence what’s the next hot high paying field you see :lupe:

Robotics, and there isn’t a close second. You take a data scientist that knows robotics and it will replace current Dr/Laywer salaries indefinitely.

AI might take over everything but machines aren’t humans and will be built with the cheapest POS components available that will need repairing by “someone”.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Those kids are gonna be Prompt Engineers. They don't need your skill. Be terrified, brehs. :mjcry:
I've already built my own Custom GPT, I'm ready for this new world
200w.gif

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

In other news, before I left my job, I had asked a couple of the engineers to talk to a friend of mine who wanted to apply for a role, but was feeling unsure of herself.
I started an email chain to introduce her and she told me that she arranged a time to have a call with them. So why is she now ignoring my texts?
I emailed the engineer asking what happened and it turns out that my friend didn’t show up for the Zoom call. So I guess that’s why she’s been ducking me.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I emailed the engineer asking what happened and it turns out that my friend didn’t show up for the Zoom call. So I guess that’s why she’s been ducking me.
Don't trip breh, I had an entry level referral of mine fail the interview so bad that it was the first time my location's program had ever cut the interview short. I couldn't in good conscience claim that dude when we met up to talk about it :mjlol:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don't trip breh, I had an entry level referral of mine fail the interview so bad that it was the first time my location's program had ever cut the interview short. I couldn't in good conscience claim that dude when we met up to talk about it :mjlol:
But be the main ones asking for the plug, :gucci:
Even though working there didn't work out for me, I got the impression that it was a good gig for engineers. My friend worked as an instructor at a coding bootcamp and has professional eng experience. But to me, it always seems like the companies she works for are janky.

She hadn't applied yet and was nervous about it. When she asked if she could talk to an engineer about the role before applying, I said sure. So, I asked a female eng that I'm cool with to talk with her.

Edit: This whole thing started because she hates her job and I was trying to be helpful

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Blows my mind when people don't know what cURL is. Blows my mind even more when people don't know how to invoke a simple API especially when they're looking right at the API reference :snoop: