6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

that guy

Superstar
Daps
my job tryna fukk ppl over with their vacations. Some girl asked for a day off in April for a doctors apt and the manager told her she'll "see if she can grant it"

If not she gotta use her PTO.

I'm like how much fukkin notice do you need to make schedule accomodations :mindblown:
I literally don’t understand this concept. I recently got transferred and told my new direct report what days that I’ll be on vacation and she said ”I dont know if I’ll be able to approve it”

I said “I beg your pardon?” :mjtf:

Theres nothing to approve, I gave you the days that I won’t be be there. Do with that information as you wish. In what world can a employer tell someone they can’t have a day off :what:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I literally don’t understand this concept. I recently got transferred and told my new direct report what days that I’ll be on vacation and she said ”I dont know if I’ll be able to approve it”

I said “I beg your pardon?” :mjtf:

Theres nothing to approve, I gave you the days that I won’t be be there. Do with that information as you wish. In what world can a employer tell someone they can’t have a day off :what:
Let these employers have their way you gotta request and take Pto for your own funeral :pachaha:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Maybe I don't understand business, but I don't see how paying for all the costs associated with having people in the office is any cheaper than letting folks WFH :hubie:
Typically leases and buildings pretty much are decades long agreements (and effectively sunk costs) at minimum. Lots of other financial advantages to having them for the company and surrounding businesses (coffee shops eateries etc)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Typically leases and buildings pretty much are decades long agreements (and effectively sunk costs) at minimum. Lots of other financial advantages to having them for the company and surrounding businesses (coffee shops eateries etc)
I guess I'm just the a$$hole then :hubie: , although I was just told that our CEO effectively ignored advice about RTO and did whatever the fukk he wanted. White folks are a trip :pachaha:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Q: how do y’all come up with yalls numbers for salary (minimum, dream, and will accept without feeling cheated/not shortchanged) when more or less pressed for it (recruiter)?

ESP useful sites?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel you. Seems every technical job wants 3+ rounds of interview nows.

Does your presentation have any animations? ( I'm assuming you are using powerpoint etc ). In my 17 years of IT, I 've never seen anyone use the animation feature in PowerPoint lol.. May be a way to stand out.
Solutions Architect I get it though.