Daps
So…what do you all know about ADHD?

Because these YouTube videos are describing my life

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
So…what do you all know about ADHD?

Because these YouTube videos are describing my life
Just drink coffee and watch some Andrew Tate videos. Should have u focused in no time. If that doesn’t work. Try Adderall > Vyvanse.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Companies are definitely moving to hybrid and likely eventually five days a week again.

Most of the positions I see list hybrid, including all the ones at my current company

It was fun while it lasted :mjcry:
:ufdup: This is your last warning.

@Silver Surfer The party is over. Get your butts back in the office now. :birdman:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Zoom + google infrastructure = online collaboration
All I need is voice and a screen sharing and I can build you all the software you need :hubie: . When I'm in the office I spend more time looking busy than actually being busy. I just took my morning walk to eat up half an hour and I'm still getting out of here before 8 hours are in the books :umad:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I received a rejection from my top choice. This was after me spending weeks of my time, mental, and emotional energy on 4+ interviews, a technical exercise, and a presentation. I was a bit deflated and disheartened to the point it almost affected my preparation for my final round interview with another company I had today.

Regarding that final round interview - this was for a Solutions Architect role with a DevOps company. It would still be in presales. I had to ultimately present portions of their product and discuss the business value and go through a brief technical demo.

Honestly I felt I knocked it out of the park. No one really gave me any feedback other than saying I did great and given the fact that some candidates have a tough time presenting or not as prepared I took it as extremely positive. This sentiment was echoed by the rest of the panel. The hiring manager asked me a few brief questions:

- "How did you think you did?"
- "What would you improve upon?"
- "What would you do in terms of next steps afterwards if this were a real customer?"

I'm assuming these were to self-assess. One of the interviewers said I was a harsh critic on myself because he thought I did great. I also tried to leave ample time. This was set for an hour but I spent about 45 minutes in total presenting slides, demo, and creating next steps.

Hopefully I get it because I don't like job hunting because it can be emotionally and mentally draining. On top of that it's demoralizing when you just want to work.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I received a rejection from my top choice. This was after me spending weeks of my time, mental, and emotional energy on 4+ interviews, a technical exercise, and a presentation. I was a bit deflated and disheartened to the point it almost affected my preparation for my final round interview with another company I had today.

Regarding that final round interview - this was for a Solutions Architect role with a DevOps company. It would still be in presales. I had to ultimately present portions of their product and discuss the business value and go through a brief technical demo.

Honestly I felt I knocked it out of the park. No one really gave me any feedback other than saying I did great and given the fact that some candidates have a tough time presenting or not as prepared I took it as extremely positive. This sentiment was echoed by the rest of the panel. The hiring manager asked me a few brief questions:

- "What would you do in terms of next steps afterwards if this were a real customer?"

I'm assuming these were to self-assess. One of the interviewers said I was a harsh critic on myself because he thought I did great. I also tried to leave ample time. This was set for an hour but I spent about 45 minutes in total presenting slides, demo, and creating next steps.

Hopefully I get it because I don't like job hunting because it can be emotionally and mentally draining. On top of that it's demoralizing when you just want to work.
After all that, did they give you additional feedback with the rejection?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After all that, did they give you additional feedback with the rejection?
My apologies. I was talking about two different roles.

The one I got rejected from was from Cisco. I mentioned earlier what happened with that. Basically I did all this prep work, slides, etc for an hour presentation and demo and they basically told me "okay you have 20 minutes to present" in their exercise and I didn't get the chance to go through my slides. No feedback on that one other than a standard reject.

The other one is a role at another company, which it sounds like I did really well with and finished yesterday. I'm waiting to hear from them on their end but they have been relatively fast and I have an in with this company.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

I feel you. Seems every technical job wants 3+ rounds of interview nows.

Does your presentation have any animations? ( I'm assuming you are using powerpoint etc ). In my 17 years of IT, I 've never seen anyone use the animation feature in PowerPoint lol.. May be a way to stand out.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
EOY comp came in waaaaay better than I was expecting. Lowkey felt good because so many times this year I felt I was doing good work but wasn’t being appreciated enough because I focused on my ops work.

Stock options, nice merit increase and bonus paying at 160% of target.

Once I dump that money into the market :takedat:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:francis: Seems like everyday now I have more and more pointless meetings.

I spend more time in meetings than developing. But then when I can’t get anything done I have push timelines back.

Something has to give.
i keep dealing with micromanaging..my new manager is starting to take on characteristics of her manager, who has been a pain in the ass with the micromanaging..like i see all my emails and tickets..i dont need you messaging me when they come in OR putting things in my queue and telling me how to do with them or not prioritizing them...ive been at this place for 5+ years