6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
My manager just made a ticket at 5:30 PM about getting someone to install mdm.

He tagged them in it and listed 9 different dates in which he interacted with them to install it. From August to November. The dates don’t include times that I’ve asked them to install it. And they still haven’t installed it.

He had told me to make tickets like this to shame them into doing it. But I haven’t it because it seems silly, especially because he talks about IT needing good PR within the company and the fact that I previously got a complaint about speaking to someone as if they were a child.

Like this is ridiculous, right?
Right before thanksgiving :dahell:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This project suffers from a dramatic lack of work items, but the project managers always want to know what we're working on :skip: . We can only generate our own work items for so long until we're completely blocked by the solution architects and their lack of a solution. I bet this shyt gets cancelled in the early January :pachaha: . My team has only worked on 1 and a half successful projects in the past 2 or 3 years and it makes me feel that we look incompetent.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Any SQL intro videos yall recommend? I took classes for it years ago want to brush up so I can go finish my degree/earn certifications.

I might have a book on it still as well.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
UPDATE: made it to the next round, just scheduled a meeting with a senior :mjgrin:
A large part of it was about him unearthing mistakes I made in that assignment and debugging it live with my "assistance". Had the :francis: the whole time after each reveal.

Be a @Regular Developer , brehs.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
These MFs done put together an API that takes multiple seconds to return so we gotta change up our whole validation flow
darn-damn-it.gif

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have any of you all ever exercised your stock options? I hit my 1 year mark, so some of mine have vested.

I wish I worked somewhere that had RSUs and 401k matching.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Have any of you all ever exercised your stock options? I hit my 1 year mark, so some of mine have vested.

I wish I worked somewhere that had RSUs and 401k matching.
I sold some of mine last month. It depends on how you feel about the company long term. If you think there is growth opportunity then maybe keep them. Some people just sell and treat it like a cash bonus, it's all situational.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope someone can offer me some advice for this post. Currently, I’m 36 credits away from a BS in Cybersecurity. This semester has been very hectic and the distractions are making it difficult to focus. I’m wondering if I switch to a Information Technology, will it matter in the long run, considering how important certs are?

Making the switch will shorten the time for me to graduate. But is a Cybersecurity BS seen more favorably on the job market?