6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
New hires coming in with way too much audacity,

This African chick who talks wit a valley girl vocal fry is always doing unnecessary "teacher's pet' type shyt and being too familiar.

MF said she collecting a list of everything other Jr Cloud Engineers allocate their time so that she can ask the leads how she can better add value to her team.

bytch you can just ask your leads directly without me giving you a run down of everything I do, in a day the fukk? The leads are literally there to guide you and facilitate your professional growth, why are bothering me on Friday with this dumb shyt?

I ignored it and I see she's deleted her DM, she mustve realized she was outta pocket lol

that guy

Superstar
Daps

This African chick who talks wit a valley girl vocal fry is always doing unnecessary "teacher's pet' type shyt and being too familiar.

MF said she collecting a list of everything other Jr Cloud Engineers allocate their time so that she can ask the leads how she can better add value to her team.

bytch you can just ask your leads directly without me giving you a run down of everything I do, in a day the fukk? The leads are literally there to guide you and facilitate your professional growth, why are bothering me on Friday with this dumb shyt?

I ignored it and I see she's deleted her DM, she mustve realized she was outta pocket lol
You’re a cloud engineer?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Bih if you wanna add value be valuable :mjlol: , its just that simple. Maybe I'm just an a$$hole :pachaha:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
You’re a cloud engineer?
Yeah, but emphasis on the "Jr" though. I administer cloud infrastucture on all three platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure ). scanning & patching, rotating master images for virtual servers, Administering Okta/DUO etc., expanding volume size

They've been training me on Terraform, Git, configuring and administering Jira boards. Ansible and Splunk some time next year.
give it two years and my automation skills will be on point

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I’m only passively looking but this hopped in my inbox. I’m just tryna be set up to max out my mat leave/pay and if the right opportunity comes along jump ship :pachaha:

The way he clings to me rn no chance I can work, I can barely shower :dead: but baby loves my stank breath:mjlol:
They don’t have any roles higher atm but the position is new and will Eventually have direct reports. All that for just “up to” $90k? :martin:Dew better.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, but emphasis on the "Jr" though. I administer cloud infrastucture on all three platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure ). scanning & patching, rotating master images for virtual servers, Administering Okta/DUO etc., expanding volume size

They've been training me on Terraform, Git, configuring and administering Jira boards. Ansible and Splunk some time next year.
give it two years and my automation skills will be on point
Im currently doing a AWS, Azure, Git, and terraform boot camp. Would it be hard to get a job in the field with these certs only and no computer science degree?

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Im currently doing a AWS, Azure, Git, and terraform boot camp. Would it be hard to get a job in the field with these certs only and no computer science degree?
I cant say how easy it will be in the job market itself as your mileage may vary, but when you get the right opportunity in front of you, you will likely get the job. may take a few weeks to a few months but you'll land the job.

But you are learning the right stuff as it will translate to real life day to day job duties, remember to lab everyday; go over the material from your bootcamp over and over and make sure youre grasp it because it wil pay off when you are in front of a hiring manager or a team of them. Supplement with as many IT course sites as possible.

to give you some further encouragement, a guy at my job who started 2 weeks after me got hired fresh out of a cloud bootcamp with no prior experience. I think it was something called Level Up in Tech or some shyt. Stay positive and keep grinding, nothing you're doing is in vain. You'll get the job.

my advice : dont try to bullshyt these hiring managers or teams during interviews, speak to what you know only, dont overshare information about yourself.

Certs in and of themselves show that you're willing to keep your skills current. the knowledge you earn from the certs will arm you with confidence to speak the jargon and prove you have at least a good baseline and worth taking a chance on. Keep all the stuff you learned in bootcamp fresh in your brain, because it will be a determing factor in getting the job. Dont coast on having a few certs alone.

Other than that, you are on the right path. good luck.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I cant say how easy it will be in the job market itself as your mileage may vary, but when you get the right opportunity in front of you, you will likely get the job. may take a few weeks to a few months but you'll land the job.

But you are learning the right stuff as it will translate to real life day to day job duties, remember to lab everyday; go over the material from your bootcamp over and over and make sure youre grasp it because it wil pay off when you are in front of a hiring manager or a team of them. Supplement with as many IT course sites as possible.

to give you some further encouragement, a guy at my job who started 2 weeks after me got hired fresh out of a cloud bootcamp with no prior experience. I think it was something called Level Up in Tech or some shyt. Stay positive and keep grinding, nothing you're doing is in vain. You'll get the job.

my advice : dont try to bullshyt these hiring managers or teams during interviews, speak to what you know only, dont overshare information about yourself.

Certs in and of themselves show that you're willing to keep your skills current. the knowledge you earn from the certs will arm you with confidence to speak the jargon and prove you have at least a good baseline and worth taking a chance on. Keep all the stuff you learned in bootcamp fresh in your brain, because it will be a determing factor in getting the job. Dont coast on having a few certs alone.

Other than that, you are on the right path. good luck.
Appreciate it bro. I’m just learning and already I have seen how useful Terraform is. My ex girlfriend went through the level up program it definitely works. Do you work remotely?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Its not the Certs or CS degree that will make it hard. It's the No Experience part.

I have an interview next week for a job that lists BS in CS etc. I have no degree but have 12 years of experience.

Here's some tips -

- Grow your linked-in Profile( for example I just started posting about my journey for the Linux+ )
- Do DevOps projects( outside of class )
- Learn to program( and not just scripting, but able to develop applications ) This will set you apart from other people who just know how to do scripting.

Her Channel is pretty good for DevOps projects:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Its not the Certs or CS degree that will make it hard. It's the No Experience part.

I have an interview next week for a job that lists BS in CS etc. I have no degree but have 12 years of experience.

Here's some tips -

- Grow your linked-in Profile( for example I just started posting about my journey for the Linux+ )
- Do DevOps projects( outside of class )
- Learn to program( and not just scripting, but able to develop applications ) This will set you apart from other people who just know how to do scripting.

Her Channel is pretty good for DevOps projects:

What language is best? I already purchased a python class from udemy

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
What language is best? I already purchased a python class from udemy
Yeah. You’ll be fine with Python.

Go is starting to pickup (Terraform and Kubernetes were both written in Go, I think Docker was as well ).

Not to throw to much at you all at once. Lol

Learn Python + Django or Flask and then build a small dashboard onto of one of the Cloud API’s like Azure DevOps API or Azure Sentinel API.

Do things like that and it’ll put you ahead of the people coming out of the boot camp with you