6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
As little as humanly possible :heh:. I'm not gonna act like limiting myself to the laptop screen doesn't get in the way, but prefer to keep my screens connected to my desktop for watching TV and any impromptu gaming :ahh: . I got another monitor kicking around that I might put on my side desk to use. Depends on how much work this new project becomes.

Come on, breh. Why you frontin? You know good and well that you gonna use that extra monitor for the Remote Desktop you got on VPN. And you gonna PM Nap so you can subcontract that extra work.

This a safe space. Your employer don't know you here. Does he???? :lupe:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Come on, breh. Why you frontin? You know good and well that you gonna use that extra monitor for the Remote Desktop you got on VPN. And you gonna PM Nap so you can subcontract that extra work.

This a safe space. Your employer don't know you here. Does he???? :lupe:
Unfortunately, Nap just don't do a good enough job to approximate me :hubie: . They often wind up coming to me for clarification on shyt that they could easily Google. My boss would know that something wasn't right within the first hour :mjlol: .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
@Serious i'm sure you've answered this a dozen times but i don't be reading shyt :francis:, so quick question

Prestigious high-paying managerial job but you work on-site for the full 40 hour week with no real downtime (board meetings, chasing KPIs, board of directors breathing down your neck, etc.) but a lot of recognition when you/your team shines/hits their numbers... could be yo ass if things don't go so well tho. Opportunity to climb further up the ladder if you play "the game".

or

Non-prestigious good-paying remote job. Job function is important for the company but no recognition, no promotions, no all-expenses paid business trips to Vegas, London, Dubai. You just a no-name nygga with no fulfillment at work but you a no-name nygga with time. No "games" to be played other than Starfield and Spider-Man 2 during Skype calls.

Both are in the current work environment with the inherent risks in place.

Which are you leaning towards?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
@Serious i'm sure you've answered this a dozen times but i don't be reading shyt :francis:, so quick question

Prestigious high-paying managerial job but you work on-site for the full 40 hour week with no real downtime (board meetings, chasing KPIs, board of directors breathing down your neck, etc.) but a lot of recognition when you/your team shines/hits their numbers... could be yo ass if things don't go so well tho. Opportunity to climb further up the ladder if you play "the game".

or

Non-prestigious good-paying remote job. Job function is important for the company but no recognition, no promotions, no all-expenses paid business trips to Vegas, London, Dubai. You just a no-name nygga with no fulfillment at work but you a no-name nygga with time. No "games" to be played other than Starfield and Spider-Man 2 during Skype calls.

Both are in the current work environment with the inherent risks in place.

Which are you leaning towards?
Y'all should already know which one I'm taking.
giphy.gif

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I like.this job..paid work trip to Montana, now Nashville...3 years here I will see the u.s on company dime.
I also have access to tons of client process such as Risk assessments, vendor management ,bia, policies etc. so I can take those n build my own templates n shyt to either start my own shyt.

:mjlol: I take that back....I like the work n sheet but man when you start having multiple client work papers do and client travels, it makes you see things in a different perspective. They lose people quite a bit and when they lose people, workload cascades. Not even done with my training and I have to be on my own because everybody swamped. Once I get all the experiences I need, I am bouncing. I want to get a highly paid job where I can coast for the next 10-12 years.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They hired a new security engineer last week and fired the other one yesterday. But my manager has hinted in the past that dude was messing up.

And today they announced that the community manager and a product manager are leaving.

I counted and it’s 20 or so people who have left since I started back in late November. The head of engineering left back in May and he wasn’t replaced. The company is only about 110 people

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
They hired a new security engineer last week and fired the other one yesterday. But my manager has hinted in the past that dude was messing up.

And today they announced that the community manager and a product manager are leaving.

I counted and it’s 20 or so people who have left since I started back in late November. The head of engineering left back in May and he wasn’t replaced. The company is only about 110 people

:mjlol: yeah, hire few people and expect him to be a master at endpoint security, vulnerability scanning, cloud security, firewall security, understand zscaler, manage vendor, perform vendor risk assessment and not F up lol.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: yeah, hire few people and expect him to be a master at endpoint security, vulnerability scanning, cloud security, firewall security, understand zscaler, manage vendor, perform vendor risk assessment and not F up lol.
We have a Slack bot for our daily stand ups and our manager would have to remind him to submit it more than a few times. Dude was remote, so he was kinda dumb to let something basic like that come up.

I don’t understand why everyone wants to work in cybersecurity. It seems like a lot of tedious work to me. I’m happy to be under security though. My manager is good.

My job gets kinda boring though. Getting people to install mdm, set up their Okta accounts, conference rooms, and all IT support. I’ve only written 1 Python script since I started.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kids get sick at daycare all the time :hubie:
son been in Montessori for like 3 weeks and already sick. Got me sick along with my mother in law. He missed a day of school. We got him back to normal and sent him back. He was at school 2 days and coming home coughing with a runny nose. Go to pick him up and mad kids coughing. fukk man.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Happy Saturday y’all, I’m officially a mom

Finished at $507,100 for the month on Tuesday my last day and went to the hospital early Wednesday AM to be induced. TLDR cried at them putting in the epidural, felt the “poop” pressure 8-something at night and they started me pushing. Baby came out so fast and was hollering that I wasn’t prepared and started screaming and crying :mjlol: active labor 8.5 hours, 30 mins pushing

He’s a healthy 7lb5oz and 19 inches, greedy as hell-I’m so in love 😍

big tingz! A future coli poster