6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
Any tips/advice on getting a 2nd job? I found job posting for a fully remote level 1 help desk position that I know I'm over qualified but I wouldn't mind doing to get some extra cash. My current position is real chill and I have downtime.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Any tips/advice on getting a 2nd job? I found job posting for a fully remote level 1 help desk position that I know I'm over qualified but I wouldn't mind doing to get some extra cash. My current position is real chill and I have downtime.
Most basic advice: just try it and see how it goes

I like to ask questions in the interview process about how many meetings to expect weekly. Whats the working style of the team?
Take time off from j1 for the 1st few days of j2.
Other than that just manage your time effectively. (Mark you calendar for deep focus when you have meetings for the other gig)

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Hope every is having a great saturday, hopefully this doesnt damper your weekend but.....

Taken from this thread:

Screenshot-2023-09-09-at-6-31-46-PM.png

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Hope every is having a great saturday, hopefully this doesnt damper your weekend but.....

Taken from this thread:

Now much of that is -
  • discrimination/racism
  • school/grades/portfolio
  • negotiation skills/happy to have a job/just took whatever was given
?

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven

Taken from this thread:

As easy as it is to dunk on this, I think more context is needed.

I say this as someone who project managed this analysis and remediation at the Bird app. Most folks gonna take this at face value, but the data scientists employed at Google would have to give us the full context.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

Taken from this thread:

Dumb q but this is across the same roles right?

I’m sure there are *some* Black software engineers there but I wonder if like legit most industries they shunt Black people to the admin/support roles entirely and there’s a very small sample size in the big earning/producing roles.
Now much of that is -
  • discrimination/racism
  • school/grades/portfolio
  • negotiation skills/happy to have a job/just took whatever was given
?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
My son holding on in my belly so not off the hook yet but anxious about all these projects in limbo. Like $800k, these clients killing me rn. And apparently this is supposed to be a “growth year” :why: per leadership.

Oan, I have started looking hard for Director roles which I deserve at this point- can’t do much right now but want to be prepared around November to start applying and interviewing.

My bf/baby daddy thinks we’re not doing daycare or a nanny when I go back to work, yeah whatever.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Lmao my replacement/coverage is not looking great at all.

Luckily I smashed all the account targets/projections already ahead of schedule so she’d really have to screw the pooch to fukk up.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Imma be sick
My bosses led and won a project ~$1M, which would have meant $634K for our division and we turned about $400k of it “go.” Today on the client call the client goes “we don’t truly have the budget and may have to do (our) part themselves and give the $400k to another of your business lines.”

They’ve been working on this for months and I came in “late” but this was the same client I was on a 7am call with. :snoop::picard: Buh-ruh I need a breather so bad. Mat Leave countdown on, my last day is next Wednesday if my stink doesn’t come sooner.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For all you pre-sales folks (Sales Engineers, Solutions Engineers/Architects), I found this website since I'm looking at some SE roles and resources to further enhance my knowledge.

https://www.presalescollective.com/

They have a Slack channel and it's more along the lines of a "hidden job market". Posting roles before they publicly available. I'm currently looking again and I actually had two SE managers reach out to me for interviews.

Also it serves as a resource to help fellow SEs to be successful in their role. If you're in presales I highly recommend it.