6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
@Atlrocafella I feel like you did a few months ago. In negotiations with a company that would allow me to have a significant pay raise. Potentially 30k base with, not including stock benefits and bonuses. :lupe:

The caveat. Its one day a week in the office. Which is less than 10 miles away.

While its tempting. I ain't giving up this freedom.

We all know the goal is get everyone back in the office full time "when" employers have the leverage again.

Let a recession happen. Then we'll start to see it again.

Look at Meta y'all:
Went from once a week to 3x:
:beli:

Breh, my office is in NY and I'm in the south. Do NOT go back to the office.

This type of freedom is irreplaceable. Man, I take my laptop on the road and work wherever. Sometimes I go to the lake and sit out there and work. It's amazing :wow:

Daps
She 2 minutes away from shooting a human being period :pachaha:

She gon be giving birth in lockup

locked-up-akon.gif

Daps
The one thing that "frustrated" me about learning cybersecurity is that I couldn't find a good free online course curriculum that just lays out what you need to learn. When I was learning to be a software dev, I was able to do Odin and it lays out a good curriculum and gives you a strong foundation.

With cybersecurity, I'm kind of having to find my own way. I'm not going to take a bootcamp, not going to school, so I just needed to research and kind of teach myself.

So far I've been reading the Network+ book, and watching Darknet Diaries and googling terms that I run across, and reading Reddit - a lot of Reddit. At first, I wasn't sure if I was learning anything, but last night, I went back to this article about how to [redacted] a very popular site... and when I first read it about 3 months ago, I didn't understand anything it was saying.

Last night, when i read it, I went :ohhh: cause everything made so much sense. I was like, "wait a minute... I can do this... I know how to do this :ohhh:"

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The one thing that "frustrated" me about learning cybersecurity is that I couldn't find a good free online course curriculum that just lays out what you need to learn. When I was learning to be a software dev, I was able to do Odin and it lays out a good curriculum and gives you a strong foundation.

With cybersecurity, I'm kind of having to find my own way. I'm not going to take a bootcamp, not going to school, so I just needed to research and kind of teach myself.

So far I've been reading the Network+ book, and watching Darknet Diaries and googling terms that I run across, and reading Reddit - a lot of Reddit. At first, I wasn't sure if I was learning anything, but last night, I went back to this article about how to [redacted] a very popular site... and when I first read it about 3 months ago, I didn't understand anything it was saying.

Last night, when i read it, I went :ohhh: cause everything made so much sense. I was like, "wait a minute... I can do this... I know how to do this :ohhh:"
Awesome!

I’m inspired by folks who are self-taught and entering the field.
I see people who are new to IT doing independent study and taking a chance, getting interviews/jobs. A certain level of discipline and determination are required to do it effectively. Godspeed.

Daps
Awesome!

I’m inspired by folks who are self-taught and entering the field.
I see people who are new to IT doing independent study and taking a chance, getting interviews/jobs. A certain level of discipline and determination are required to do it effectively. Godspeed.

Thank you babe. I first started learning software development in 2021, and I got a lot of advice from good coli brehs. The one that helped me the most was @kevm3 cause when I was trying to figure out HOW to learn, I was going the wrong way and he told me no, don't do that and then he pointed me in the right direction.

It was still on me to do the work but having somebody that you can go to and be like "hey this is where I'm trying to get to, here's what I'm doing" was priceless. And that really helped me out.

I went hard learning for 2 years and got my first real position in the field in May of this year, which I didn't even realize until now... was exactly 2 years after I started learning :ohhh:

There were a lot of tough moments, especially when you're doing it alone. I didn't have anyone around me (physically) who was doing it. It was just folks online. But I learned to build a support system around myself. And when I got stuck, when I felt like I couldn't do it, when I felt like giving up, I was able to go to those people and talk to them... and that really helped me out.

There are so many folks who were a part of my journey, most of them without even seeing me. I was just a dude sending messages on the coli, on discord, on reddit and they went hard for me. And I will never forget that.:wow:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
This bytch doesn’t listen to shyt. I wanna smack the hell out of her fr. :snoop:
She was upset because i corrected her in front of a client and on a team wide email.

I’m not one to throw coworkers under the bus at all but I’m tired of saying the same shyt. You want me to cc your boss next? Play with me