6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This job isn't working out for me.

Apparently using periods in Slack is seen as aggressive.

Also, lightweight jokes like asking, "What'd you do??" in an exaggerated tone when the person you're sitting next to is having minor computer issues makes them uncomfortable. Even though you helped them move a large circular couch out of the CEO's office earlier that day.

Not to mention that my major projects since I've been here have been: getting people to install MDM or getting them to activate their Okta accounts with Yubikeys. I've only written 1 python script since I've been here.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This job isn't working out for me.

Apparently using periods in Slack is seen as aggressive.

Also, lightweight jokes like asking, "What'd you do??" in an exaggerated tone when the person you're sitting next to is having minor computer issues makes them uncomfortable. Even though you helped them move a large circular couch out of the CEO's office earlier that day.

Not to mention that my major projects since I've been here have been: getting people to install MDM or getting them to activate their Okta accounts with Yubikeys. I've only written 1 python script since I've been here.
I avoid that shyt as much as possible

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I don’t mind non work chit chat but I get so annoyed with coworkers who insist on me knowing hella details of their life. One of my coworkers randomly posted a pic of her daughter in a chat, we very lightly may have touched on the topic of children (before I got pregnant) and then over the weekend my phone buzzes with a pic of her and her daughter. Bruh I really don’t fukk with work after long hours as it is, get outta here.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
TLR thought I was 🧢 When I said, if I'm not making least 200k by my 60's that would be a problem...

Can't help underachievers see the light.

Being a millionaire will be the new middle class.

Article from 2013, Dell created over 2700 Millionaires, dubbed as Dellionaires :ohhh:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At work, I’m still working on getting people to install mdm or setup okta. It’s boring as hell.

:beli:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Another work rant:

Most of my colleagues are terrible communicators. I mean just totally don’t get the concept of being concise over the course of many emails and it borders on damn near unprofessional and verbose.

One sends legit four page letters every time they comm with a client; then when the client doesn’t address everything they’re scratching their head.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What sort of system do y'all use to keep notes and manage things at work? I recently did an overhaul of my note taking because frankly I used to suck at it.

Given my role I have to ensure I have notes for deals, my conversations with engineers and directors, etc. I thought I would he able to remember everything. Boy I was wrong.

I read two books recently:

- How To Take Smart Notes
- Building a Second Brain

Both have helped me with my knowledge management. I'd highly recommend them.

As far as note taking I use OneNote for work. You can not only do regular note taking but you can also do diction and add images. I also have my notes based on accounts I interact with. Obviously pen and paper is tried and true.

I'm using Google Tasks now to help me with stay accountable for myself with the action Items I have. Also saving things in Slack has helped.

I'm going to start using Obsidian for my personal notes in conjuction with separate physical notebooks. I realized that I keep a lot of my ideas in my head. What will happen is I will not follow through on certain tasks. I'm trying to get better with that.

Any thoughts appreciated