6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
:salute:
Since I am in the GRC game, let me drop some jewels on you breh :mjlit::

• PCI is cool, I don't come across it as often as I thought. Choose your certification carefully, some of them are linked directly to your current role. Make sure whatever you get doesn't require you to be working for an ASV.
  • ISO 27001 is VERY popular with international companies. I got a few companies certified (I'm in Canada)
  • SOC2 is the equivalent of ISO 27001 in the States. I'm going through training from the AICPA.
  • CMMC compliance is coming in strong as a Government requirement.

With all the certs you got already, adding PCI and one of either ISO or SOC2 will be :wow:. Be ready to get challenged on the regular, some devils hate seeing overly certified guys :sas2:.

Base on what the coo mentioned, I will be doing tons of soc2 then the rest is pci, HIPPA etc.

That's the only way I can properly sleep well at night :hubie:..cert up so the next opportunity is easier to get in case a company give you an L. They can hate all they want. Getting my CISA/CRISC is the biggest reason why they hired me. I will be on the road 50 percent of the time but once I understand everything, I am bouncing to my next role.

No more waking up middle in the night since someones network is down lol.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've mentioned it on here before but I think it's about time for me to leave my role. I get paid pretty well am fully remote...but I swear they treat me like a bytch.
  • When I got hired, they brought on a few of us. The others couldn't cut it, and I was good enough that they realized they only needed 1 person.
  • Regularly trotting me in front of C-Suite to present things or handle requests.
  • Leading projects, meetings, and working with damn near every team at the company.
  • Outperforming the person before me, who had a higher position.
But whenever I want to talk about my career it's excuses, delays or nonsense like telling me "job titles don't matter and we should all just come in and work hard" :skip: Yeah, easy to say when you have the title already.
Time to move on.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I've mentioned it on here before but I think it's about time for me to leave my role. I get paid pretty well am fully remote...but I swear they treat me like a bytch.
  • When I got hired, they brought on a few of us. The others couldn't cut it, and I was good enough that they realized they only needed 1 person.
  • Regularly trotting me in front of C-Suite to present things or handle requests.
  • Leading projects, meetings, and working with damn near every team at the company.
  • Outperforming the person before me, who had a higher position.
But whenever I want to talk about my career it's excuses, delays or nonsense like telling me "job titles don't matter and we should all just come in and work hard" :skip: Yeah, easy to say when you have the title already.
Man I’m only loyal to money and the ease of work. :hubie:

If you already @Secure Da Bag and the rest of your job fairly simple why not find another gig :manny:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Employers are going to regret treating employees like disposable items. They have created a monster. No more "do you mind doing this outside of your job description" "We need to get this done tonight can you hang back?" shyt. Bruh, you better be paying because they are creating a workforce full of mercenaries that serve themselves and only themselves. As long as my paper isn't impacted, I don't give a shyt about the company. I'm just a product of my environment.

The one fukking time employees were even or had a slight advantage it was time to hike the shyt out of rates and squeeze people which meant layoffs. Remember all that quiet quitting and back to work article every minute? All a play. Keep your eyes open. Look for the next opportunity. Don't wait for it to happen.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
man, its rough out here, saw girl on linkedin get laid off 6 months after getting laid off from the company I worked for. Even the upper manager I spoke to a lot of automation platform are eating some of their lunch :wow: so they plan on shifting business models. I just hope I can retire before shyt hits the fan.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Employers are going to regret treating employees like disposable items. They have created a monster. No more "do you mind doing this outside of your job description" "We need to get this done tonight can you hang back?" shyt. Bruh, you better be paying because they are creating a workforce full of mercenaries that serve themselves and only themselves. As long as my paper isn't impacted, I don't give a shyt about the company. I'm just a product of my environment.

The one fukking time employees were even or had a slight advantage it was time to hike the shyt out of rates and squeeze people which meant layoffs. Remember all that quiet quitting and back to work article every minute? All a play. Keep your eyes open. Look for the next opportunity. Don't wait for it to happen.

Man I got three retention bonuses from the company I worked for, they gave me another one in February ending in august...they laid me off in June. A lot of people jumpshipped or got canned. They needed me so I stayed behind. They got rid of me the moment they didn't need me anymore.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I got three retention bonuses from the company I worked for, they gave me another one in February ending in august...they laid me off in June. A lot of people jumpshipped or got canned. They needed me so I stayed behind. They got rid of me the moment they didn't need me anymore.
Yep. fukk them. You will find bigger and better.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps

You were in TLR talkin about 10% unemployment coming soon how’s that working out :comeon:

Still an employees market and your post shows it

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hell no! I’m taking four months off starting Sept 20 but just wanted to clear my numbers ahead of schedule so I can get a promo lol

Only in America....Canada you get 12 months off.