6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Any thoughts appreciated
I tend not to have to remember much. User stories assigned to me normally so just a filter to pick them up. One Note for screenshots and such. Then a chat window with myself as a scratch pad for links, passwords, random requests. Sounds like you working too hard :ufdup:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Got paired up with some cat, to do a project that I can probably do myself, no biggie. :hubie:

Just more room for me to slack off.

Except now I’m getting infrequent messages during the afternoon when I normally kick my feet up.

This week I’ve actually been at my computer past 2pm. :dahell:

And it’s all just communication. Dude went on a rant filling me in about some of the coworkers but I could honestly give two shyts. I keep work, work.

Plus now, I’m aware to be selective in the info I give this guy. Because if you can rant to me about others then you can rant about me….

Hoping to finish this project up sooner than I expected because I ain’t for this daily chit chat messaging, especially after 2pm.

/rant

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This week I’ve actually been at my computer past 2pm. :dahell:
kevingarnett-what.gif

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
There was a security incident at work last night. An engineer got fired. Haven’t heard any details.

That's why you can't pay me to work cyber security for a company. They hire a little amount of staff and expect them to cover everything and it is damn near impossible.

Id rather be at companies dedicated to cyber sec. More manpower.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I wonder if the Federal Government would hire this man in IT at 62, let him work for 5 years, and retire, since he's passed 60. In fact, since he already has 1 year in Federal service, he would only need to work there 4 more years to meet the 5 year minimum requirement for 60 and older employees, to qualify for retirement. I think they would take him back if he were White, and worked IT in the Federal Government before.

He has two bachelor degrees, and one year of grad school, and he's in need of a job right now. It just doesn't seem right to make him start all over again at his age. He has rent and other bills to pay, and early Social Security ain't gonna cut it. He lost a few jobs here and there, but not for nothing real serious. He has no criminal record whatsoever, and he doesn't get high. His last job forced him out because of arthritis in his knee.

Like I was saying, it just doesn't seem right watching this man have to start all over again at 62, with no years towards any kind of pension, with all the knowledge he has. I'm watching him go on interviews, and not getting called back...something I went through years ago when I first got into IT. He went on a second job interview recently from this company, and they showed him all around, and got his hopes up. But they've been known to do that, and never get back with you. I hope this isn't the case. It's not cool for a 62 year-old to be going through what a 32 year-old goes through.

Right now, he's practically in the same boat as a lot of older cats from my hood, who never stepped foot in college. But at least he earned enough quarters to qualify for Social Security, unlike some cats I know, who couldn't leave the drugs alone, and got a record, or only worked jobs that paid cash, that didn't take out FICA. We both started working IT at the same time on my old IT job, although he only lasted a year. They got rid of him for doing something I think a lot of White people have done...and nothing happened to them. Anyway, that's where I met him. We've kept in touch ever since then.

Something just isn't adding up. But I can't put all the blame on him, because I was almost in the streets myself, when that same IT job ran me out after 11 years. For the first time in my life, I identified with how easy it was to lose everything, and become homeless, regardless of all the credentials I had. But I digress. If anybody working for the Feds can pull any strings for an older bi-racial cat like him, hit me back. At this point, any Federal job would be cool with him, or any job period. He lives in the DMV btw.

Last edited:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Everyday I marvel at how fukking busy I am with all these projects, literally drained-but on track to clear over $2M in just 9 months (while fukking pregnant!) Sweater god my promotion better be a key topic :bryan:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Everyday I marvel at how fukking busy I am with all these projects, literally drained-but on track to clear over $2M in just 9 months (while fukking pregnant!) Sweater god my promotion better be a key topic :bryan:
My morning team meeting was cancelled, so then I just focused on finishing up my stored procedure.

then I stepped out to get my haircut at 10:30am.

Came back at 12:30pm, cooked lunch. Checked my emails.

Took a meeting for 45 minutes, regarding the scheduling of my stored procedure. But 90% of the time we were shooting the bull.

Took a 1 hour nap afterwards. Then logged out for the day.

Today was a good day. :ehh:

@Obreh Winfrey top that :umad:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
My morning team meeting was cancelled, so then I just focused on finishing up my stored procedure.

then I stepped out to get my haircut at 10:30am.

Came back at 12:30pm, cooked lunch. Checked my emails.

Took a meeting for 45 minutes, regarding the scheduling of my stored procedure. But 90% of the time we were shooting the bull.

Took a 1 hour nap afterwards. Then logged out for the day.

Today was a good day. :ehh:

@Obreh Winfrey top that :umad:
I have no meetings today. Already woke up and logged in late. Gonna fix myself a nice breakfast, take a nap, take a little stroll, do some gaming, and then finish up the day poolside :umad: