6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This company's stock feels like it's in freefall and my skills are 100% stagnant, if not regressing :snoop:. I really need to get my shyt together. Complacency and laziness is killing me.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I was actually going tag you tomorrow :dame:

Do you ever feel guility for the lack of work you do?

I be feeling that way sometimes. :jbhmm:

Been then I go back to not giving a f*ck. :manny:

I swear I subconsciously check my email at times looking for a pink slip, like these mofo's are still paying for this :ohhh:
I did maybe 5 hours of work over the past 2 weeks. While also traveling… I’m just about breaking even with all the work I put in getting this project off the ground when we were short staffed a few months ago… but the guilt is starting to kick in… gonna put in some time today… and talk up some shyt i finished last week like I just got it done on our bi-weekly team meeting… then take on some more work I’m familiar with but act like I have no idea and need to research to come up with efforts and timelines… just need like 2 more slow weeks to unwind.

I’m really just trying to avoid burnout, because if I ever begin hating this career or job :snoop:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I did maybe 5 hours of work over the past 2 weeks. While also traveling… I’m just about breaking even with all the work I put in getting this project off the ground when we were short staffed a few months ago… but the guilt is starting to kick in… gonna put in some time today… and talk up some shyt i finished last week like I just got it done on our bi-weekly team meeting… then take on some more work I’m familiar with but act like I have no idea and need to research to come up with efforts and timelines… just need like 2 more slow weeks to unwind.

I’m really just trying to avoid burnout, because if I ever begin hating this career or job :snoop:
As long as it’s not just me :hubie:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
A VERY good company offered me training for a Tech Support role. I'd be making less but it aligns with my wanting to transition from the more business side to IT (Systems Admin).

I haven't done the interview process in a while, what are some questions I should ask?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Not taking a 20k pay reduction unless I'm laid off. Would take the easy job, study and pad resume with certs.

They bumped the pay without me asking. So I am now going through the process for a senior level despite my lack of auditing experience. I had my technical interview today, dude knows a lot and said I hit home run lol.

It was refreshing to see someone actually want to interview you for what you know but not for what they can trick you and then ding you for not remembering some minor detailed in the OSI model.

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
They bumped the pay without me asking. So I am now going through the process for a senior level despite my lack of auditing experience. I had my technical interview today, dude knows a lot and said I hit home run lol.

It was refreshing to see someone actually want to interview you for what you know but not for what they can trick you and then ding you for not remembering some minor detailed in the OSI model.
Get your bread playa :myman: