6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
My old company wants me back. It is not a cyber security position, it is back in Telecom Engineering. Not sure if I should go back. On one hand, I wouldn't miss the need to constantly study, learn new platforms, learn new skillsets and the stress. I can just do 8-5 and go home stress free if they will meet my salary. I am no longer focus on how much money I can make more so focusing on learning how to invest for big returns.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Just throw anyone with (Infosys) after their names in the trash. Holy shyt these folks are terrible at everything but making the most mundane tasks into complex analysis levels of difficult and constantly pushing up broken features that block your progress. They have to be doing this shyt on purpose :snoop:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Just throw anyone with (Infosys) after their names in the trash. Holy shyt these folks are terrible at everything but making the most mundane tasks into complex analysis levels of difficult and constantly pushing up broken features that block your progress. They have to be doing this shyt on purpose :snoop:

2019 Infosys moved into Germany

online reviews look bad

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
My old company wants me back. It is not a cyber security position, it is back in Telecom Engineering. Not sure if I should go back. On one hand, I wouldn't miss the need to constantly study, learn new platforms, learn new skillsets and the stress. I can just do 8-5 and go home stress free if they will meet my salary. I am no longer focus on how much money I can make more so focusing on learning how to invest for big returns.

I decided to proceed forward if they will meet my salary demand. Funny thing is back then they would not even bother promoting me. I may just leave cyber security behind. It is an easy 8 to 5, very niche job and stress free. It's also remote which means I can do as I please.

I do have a cyber security auditor positions coming up. I certainly would not mind going that route either. I want easy, stress free....enjoy life after work.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I went through two rounds of interviews in March for a position at a Top 4, didn’t get the job. Since then, I’ve been applying weekly to other relevant positions at the same company.

I finally got another response from the company recruiter this past week for a Senior VP position I applied to, who requested that I fill out a questionnaire describing my experience. I realized from the questions I didn’t have quite the experience they were looking for but I completed and returned it anyway. They responded a few days later saying they liked my responses but didn’t have the experience for this position and suggested I apply to the VP position in the same dept, which they created that day.:leon:

I applied immediately and they came back that same day requesting my availability for interviews. I’m scheduled for this coming Friday.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I hear but true investing takes time / years / decades for it really compound you need money to live off now.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
If all y'all just gave me 1% of your income per year I could show you how to live off outside sources of income :hubie:
I was actually going tag you tomorrow :dame:

Do you ever feel guility for the lack of work you do?

I be feeling that way sometimes. :jbhmm:

Been then I go back to not giving a f*ck. :manny:

I swear I subconsciously check my email at times looking for a pink slip, like these mofo's are still paying for this :ohhh:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I was actually going tag you tomorrow :dame:

Do you ever feel guility for the lack of work you do?

I be feeling that way sometimes. :jbhmm:

Been then I go back to not giving a f*ck. :manny:

I swear I subconsciously check my email at times looking for a pink slip, like these mofo's are still paying for this :ohhh:
Honestly? Yeah lmao. Like damn Obreh you know you better than this. Right now it's easier to fukk around because my project is just getting started, so there's no development work. When it picks up I'll put effort in again but I still won't be giving 100% like a couple years back. This company barely rewards high contributors and a lot of shyt you do goes ignored. I can half ass it here and still look as if I'm working harder than most of my peers.

Really a lot of the reason I act the way I do is because I let them overwork me before. The only reward for hard work is more work. So unless some shyt is priority 1 prevent WW3, I'm not afraid to sit on work for a day or two. I got pulled into a call recently to help a team update a library. Couldn't think of the solution on the call, but about 20 minutes after we wrapped, I figured it out but sat on the fix for the weekend plus 2 or 3 days :yeshrug: .

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Mam, I am lost career wise on Great interview with the security audit team today. First interview in a while where I feel people were not trying to rail road me.

My first year will be a pay cut mid 80s(huge pay, under paid for qualifications )but they promote pretty fast within a year to jump back to the six..I will be doing soc, HIPPA, cloud security, fisma, privacy audits can get my hands on tons of project. Within a year, I can easily jump back to six figs or more. To add to my experience.

Telecom, dead end six fig job, fully remote, no stress so I may be able to double up on contract work.

I don't want nothing to do with operations anymore or hands on technical work.

Huuhh..what would u do?