6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
More layoffs coming for Meta. Must be hell working there.

Meanwhile their stock has been soaring over the past 6 months.

Up $124 :beli:

It's a race to the bottom. My company is trying to push people out without explicit layoffs, but they'll follow suit before too long. I think these companies are going to overcorrect and put themselves back into a candidates market though.
This is a theory I came up with a while ago.

I get these layoff but AI still isn't exactly one click and figure shyt out.

And the problem emerges when a stakeholder such as a doctor ends up spending more time trouble shooting, rather than focusing on their specialty.

A stakeholder spending an after debugging code, ain't really productive and it'll get tiring, but we'll let them find out. :hubie:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a race to the bottom. My company is trying to push people out without explicit layoffs, but they'll follow suit before too long. I think these companies are going to overcorrect and put themselves back into a candidates market though.
Oh they will overcorrect, there's no doubt. Meanwhile those who are retained are going to have to work even more.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Meanwhile their stock has been soaring over the past 6 months.

Up $124 :beli:

This is a theory I came up with a while ago.

I get these layoff but AI still isn't exactly one click and figure shyt out.

And the problem emerges when a stakeholder such as a doctor ends up spending more time trouble shooting, rather than focusing on their specialty.

A stakeholder spending an after debugging code, ain't really productive and it'll get tiring, but we'll let them find out. :hubie:
Thing for us is that AI ain't even a topic of conversation. Granted I ignore everyone above my direct manager, but I don't recall hearing or seeing any communications about chasing the AI bandwagon. Problem is, we don't seem to be chasing anything other than vendor lock in and layoffs. It's a big shift to a popular off the shelf product that probably has an army of Naps just ready to push the rest of us developers (who didn't wanna touch that shyt in the first place) to the end of the unemployment line. I ain't mad at Nap, Coli checks ain't hitting like they used to :hubie: . But whoever is dictating the direction of this company needs a kick in the ass.

It's frustrating because we have areas that a ripe for innovation with AI/ML that could legit create value, but we'll be behind the power curve by the time they realize.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Spent time this weekend working on my office setup. Few small changes made me excited to work this week.

Also long weekend coming up :blessed:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
so this chick on my team admits how she used ChatGPT to write these nurture emails in our team channel, then she sends them to me today to look over messaging. these shyts are written terribly yet she's basically outsourced her work - chatgpt for the first draft and me to actually make them into shyt our company would say :skip:

fukk that, she do this again, i'm telling her she better work on these before sending them to me.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
so this chick on my team admits how she used ChatGPT to write these nurture emails in our team channel, then she sends them to me today to look over messaging. these shyts are written terribly yet she's basically outsourced her work - chatgpt for the first draft and me to actually make them into shyt our company would say :skip:

fukk that, she do this again, i'm telling her she better work on these before sending them to me.
I see a lot of people doing this at my job, thinking ChatGPT is a magic email writer.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Got my first project going using AI/chatgpt.
Basically instead of reading a dashboard and manually summarizing information, which was taking people 10-15 mins each time...we get the AI to analyze the same data and summarize it into a few paragraphs. Reading the summary takes under a minute.

Saves a ton of time which can then be used for more important tasks.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My vacation so far has been terrible. I got a bigger apartment in the same building so I’ve just been moving my stuff for a week now.

I know the old tenants and they left a bunch of stuff. I took out 10 trash bags Sunday night between cleaning up both apartments. And I took apart and dumped a heavy ass desk that they left.

And I spent over an hour on the phone with Spectrum to get my internet set up. I’ve had to call at least 4 times

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
My vacation so far has been terrible. I got a bigger apartment in the same building so I’ve just been moving my stuff for a week now.

I know the old tenants and they left a bunch of stuff. I took out 10 trash bags Sunday night between cleaning up both apartments. And I took apart and dumped a heavy ass desk that they left.

And I spent over an hour on the phone with Spectrum to get my internet set up. I’ve had to call at least 4 times
You should’ve complained to management and asked them to clean it or comp you for doing it. I’m also moving and they gave me a $75 credit because they hadn’t cleaned the unit prior to giving me the keys, but it’s also brand new and never been rented just shown a lot.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
These mofos understaffed for this project, but senior leadership is expecting to meet deadlines and I’m sitting here like yeah, this is a shytshow and you’re gonna need more people.

The product we bought had a devops team of at least 10 people, and you expect us to stand this shyt up with 3 and a half SREs and still still keep the DB and Dev teams happy while meeting fantasy these fantasy deadlines that was set by people who don’t understand this work:mjlol: Every day is blocker central and we just keep finding shyt in the code that’s not compatible with our environment and security policies. I really want this to succeed, but I’m done going the extra mile. Staff correctly:manny: