Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Picking up the Data Engineer game. :wow:
Going push for Google Cloud Certs now.

Going after the Data Engineering one.

We're officially making the move to the cloud by FY 2024.

Our current DBA, knows his shyt but has a reluctance to learn new shyt.

Meanwhile, 95% of what I do is SQL related. I probably can/do everything in SQL aside from granting and revoking permission.

Definitely potential to lead a new role in the coming year.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

Meanwhile, 95% of what I do is SQL related. I probably can/do everything in SQL aside from granting and revoking permission.

:salute:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I feel like my employer is happy to praise me, tell me I do great work, they don't want to lose me, etc.

But when it comes to paying up and progressing my career it's:
juelz-talking.gif

I'm trying to stay patient and see if they do the right thing, but that's burned me before. Giving it another few months before I start putting applications in.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I feel like my employer is happy to praise me, tell me I do great work, they don't want to lose me, etc.

But when it comes to paying up and progressing my career it's:
juelz-talking.gif

I'm trying to stay patient and see if they do the right thing, but that's burned me before. Giving it another few months before I start putting applications in.

I learned this 5 years ago. Businesses aren't your friends.

If he bullshytin with the pay, get your certs up, update your linkedin, and reup with another connect.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I learned this 5 years ago. Businesses aren't your friends.

If he bullshytin with the pay, get your certs up, update your linkedin, and reup with another connect.

Exactly. I feel my salary was fair when they hired me, and I have gotten a raise...but I've done a lot in my time here and I've improved my skills. I deserve more.
I read a forbes article saying my type of job is one of the fastest growing in America + I'm confident I could get other jobs off with my resume.

I've voiced my concerns to them so they have a bit more time to respond, but def gonna be taking interviews soon.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Posted this in another thread but ended up getting an hr job.

Couple month's in, not bad but I forgot how annoying coming into the office is. I hate to sound like a sociopath but people talk about their kids and family all day 4 days a week. Like fam, I know your whole family by name, and what they ate for dinner Tuesday. I realized I don't like working with women. Literally talk all day about nothing of importance.

Definitely may use this to leverage myself into the IT dept. (Fully remote at my company and they will pay for certs) I hired some people on the tech team too so the HR manager's fukk with me. Just recruited and got somebody on the team for $150k for Sr. Engineer, Architect, Information Tech Operation with a guaranteed another 5k once he completes his CISSIP.
That's not bad at all.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
It’s wild to me to think of how my day has changed from 1 hour commute each way when I was working in MidTown Manhattan to now just rolling out of bed. That wasn’t even a terrible commute but I can’t imagine doing it now. With so many companies angling to get employees back in offices I wonder how long my company will allow us to be fully remote.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
It’s wild to me to think of how my day has changed from 1 hour commute each way when I was working in MidTown Manhattan to now just rolling out of bed. That wasn’t even a terrible commute but I can’t imagine doing it now. With so many companies angling to get employees back in offices I wonder how long my company will allow us to be fully remote.

One of the biggest reason I do not want to leave here. No one is pushing this back to the office non sense. I don't know how I am going to adjust to back to the office non sense.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
One of the biggest reason I do not want to leave here. No one is pushing this back to the office non sense. I don't know how I am going to adjust to back to the office non sense.
Man I’m going on 4 years wfh.

I don’t even know how to adjust to working in an office setting.

I’m a million times more productive at home, plus I’m in my element in a way I couldn’t be in a professional setting for example.

When I’m doing the bulk of my work, I’m in a hyper focused mode locked into my work while bumping load electronic music.

I’d look crazy as heck doing this in an office setting.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I definitely outperform the only person at Director level (next step up from my role) on our team but I’m not confident I can hit the targets expected there-but then again he def ain’t hitting them and hasn’t since I started a year ago :sas2:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea it’s a tough adjustment from fully remote to hybrid or full time in office. Job I’m going for checked all thr boxes thrn asked if I’d be willing to come in for a couple days a week. So I have to look at a few things:

How much of a bytch is it for me to commute?
How much $ will I be spending commuting?

Does the bump in pay cover the extra money spent commuting/lack of convenience?

If you want me to give up my fully remote job and start commuting? Boy the salary bump better start at 35-50%

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware

SQL and maybe python for pyspark is really all you need for data engineering. Most people who say they know SQL don’t or are terrible at it. I’ve found clean data with efficient queries can cover 9.9/10 use cases even the shyt they say should be “data science”