6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anyone ever do this? We were talking about building your personal brand at work and I thought it was interesting.

I was more in the D quadrant with some I in there. I have a solid idea of my strengths and weaknesses and this was another tool in the toolbox to gain more introspection.

One thing is that all these assessments tell me that I am NOT the most detailed oriented person but I'm great at brainstorming and generating ideas.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Anyone ever do this? We were talking about building your personal brand at work and I thought it was interesting.

I was more in the D quadrant with some I in there. I have a solid idea of my strengths and weaknesses and this was another tool in the toolbox to gain more introspection.

One thing is that all these assessments tell me that I am NOT the most detailed oriented person but I'm great at brainstorming and generating ideas.

Mine was clarity which makes sense because a lot of my job is analysis and process driven. My biggest opportunity is to build more influence and be more of the final decision maker.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

YOUR DISC TYPE

Support​

My DISC type is Support, which means I am helpful and caring towards others in the workplace. I notice what my teammates and colleagues need and look for ways to be of service.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang

YOUR DISC TYPE

Clarity​

My DISC type is Clarity. At work, I look for ways to be efficient and concise!

Makes sense as im very process/systems based thinker

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

YOUR DISC TYPE

Support​

My DISC type is Support, which means I am helpful and caring towards others in the workplace. I notice what my teammates and colleagues need and look for ways to be of service.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There’s been a bit too many senior people leaving the company, including the VP of engineering (my manager’s boss).

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry

What you do?
Going slowly in the okta rollout project and lack of communication with statuses of projects in general. Especially felt it while I was on vacation apparently.

I agree that I’ve been going slowly, but I also think that there hasn’t been enough communication from my manager. It’sa company weird thing, so the planning needs to be more than just me.

Also me, the office manager, and HR girl have been meeting AV vendors to fix our conference rooms and to build out an area for big presentations. HR girl complained that I went on vacation and the status of that was up in the air. But I had in-person meetings with the vendors and showed them the office. We were waiting on quotes from them. I sent them emails asking if they needed anything else before I went on vacation.

My manager is an engineering manager so he’s concerned about other things. I feel like making the security engineer my manager would fix most of the issues.

Edit: The thing that really sucks about having to go into the office everyday is that it makes it a lot harder to schedule interviews.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I’m a CD.