6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday’s bring your dog to work day was a trial run.
full

What if somebody has an allergy? People shouldn't be bringing pets to work. White folks need to stop normalizing this shyt :smh:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
:mjlol: I keep my status on always offline so that MFs hesitate before messaging me. Now if only these Naps would learn to ask their questions from the jump rather than saying "Hi" and waiting on me to respond like
WideFlashyArachnid.webp

damn that shyt is annoying. I swear every offshore person does this. Like breh lets speed this up. So I can address whatever issue it is right away.

I just let them hang now. After about an hour they'll say what they need help with lol.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Since I'm the solo IT person, I feel like I don't have much say in the company. So me working on Okta configuration and rollout planning by myself feels confusing because it's a huge organizational change that needs a big push from people other than me.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Since I'm the solo IT person, I feel like I don't have much say in the company. So me working on Okta configuration and rollout planning by myself feels confusing because it's a huge organizational change that needs a big push from people other than me.
I hope you're keeping a good "brag sheet" of everything you're doing.

The bolded should be one of your main talking points as you look for/find your next job

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

See if there's a CIO or CTO position open.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
there's this one company that keeps reaching out to me. this recruiter is picking up where his colleague left off. it's a good company but their roles say 3 days in office...NOOOOOO

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Probably quite nationalist/worker bee of me but it’s wild how in some markets a huge company will close and offer no operations for a week or longer (for nat’l holidays)

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Part of me feels like I should invest time in building multiple streams of income and side hustles but being in Sales there's a huge upside to land certain deals and get big commission checks. Plus my travel schedule is taking me away from home. I'm confident in 2 - 3 years I can make high 200s or low 300s if I grind though. My buddy is my age and pulling low 300s as a staff sales engineer.

I feel like I should just dedicate time towards my craft, build my brand more, etc.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
an old coworker - i'm talking 2014-2015 - who i wasn't especially close to, but we were in the same start date class and cool in passing, has hit me up a 3rd time for a referral to a role at my company. first time was for a role sometime last year, then earlier this year for a different opening, now something else - i'm not referring you anymore. if you didn't get interviews the first two times, i'm not gonna keep putting you in under my name. i get it's a tough market, people getting jobs just to be laid off again 3-9 months later, but at a certain point, you can't keep hitting the same people for multiple roles at their company

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Our bosses are finally getting serious about that fact that 200K+ people have been laid off in the sector my team sells to, apparently we are also down on our targets company-wide. Hopefully they’ll revise the numbers substantially.