6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This client for this project is based on the West Coast. Internal standups at the normal 9am but we're having meetings at 7pm EST. :sadcam:
Y'all gotta set boundaries. I'm typically in the opposite situation, out here on the best coast and the project team is on the least coast. Even though I align with them so I can work a 6-2, I don't allow them to pull me into bullshyt outside work hours. Make them move those meetings to before 5PM.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Y'all gotta set boundaries. I'm typically in the opposite situation, out here on the best coast and the project team is on the least coast. Even though I align with them so I can work a 6-2, I don't allow them to pull me into bullshyt outside work hours. Make them move those meetings to before 5PM.
I'm low man on the totem pole for this project. The senior partner seems OK with it so I can't do shyt. :hubie:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm low man on the totem pole for this project. The senior partner seems OK with it so I can't do shyt. :hubie:
Dude must be a dipshyt to go along with it then. If y'all adjusted your whole schedule accordingly then cool, but to put in 8 then have to get on for (what I assume to be) non critical after hours meetings? We'd have to have words.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dude must be a dipshyt to go along with it then. If y'all adjusted your whole schedule accordingly then cool, but to put in 8 then have to get on for (what I assume to be) non critical after hours meetings? We'd have to have words.
Eh, its consulting. Your time pretty much belongs to the client. It's not an everything day but its annoying when they pop up.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy to see some people at my company charge our clients for every little thing given these tough economic times for everyone. Clients are looking to cut and we charging 30 mins of work? Then when they don't renew we sit there wondering why? At this point customers are looking for value. Yes, even the big boys. We have some of the biggest clients in the world and these mafukkaz got some tight budgets. Laying people off with plans to lay off more. Look at the big picture!

That said, I'm moving on to the next round for this job I was kinda on some "eh, why not?". My issue is that they want me in office couple times a week..I'm currently fully remote (not gonna lie, it's great). While the money is excellent, I wonder if I'll have a target on my back given the economy right now.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
It never fails that every project we sell under $50k goes awry

From clients expecting way too much on such minimal budget, to not signing the paperwork so we can bill them, it’s always a lot of fun/sarcasm-not like I don’t have anything better/more worth my time to do! :francis:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Just finished my 1st ETL project from start to finish.

Did that shyt all by myself :beli:

From a zipped file on a sftp to a a daily stored procedure, with incrementally loaded from a prestage to staging table.

:wow:
How complex were the transformations?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
How complex were the transformations?
Data is fairly clean.

But there were enough twist and turns to be a pain in the ass.

The final part of getting the stored procedure to work was the biggest headache, because I could get it to work while creating it but upon executing the script was a dud.

I chalk that up to limited experience.

Well it works now....

Plan to sit on my findings and gradually roll it out as usual. :russ:

Just bought myself some more time :whew: