6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Daps
:mjlol: I keep my status on always offline so that MFs hesitate before messaging me. Now if only these Naps would learn to ask their questions from the jump rather than saying "Hi" and waiting on me to respond like
WideFlashyArachnid.webp
One of my biggest pet peeves. I fukking hate that shyt with a passion.

Why the fukk are you putting the onus on me to find out wtf you want?

Just state what you want jackass. Recently this one guy I’ve never met or talked to before just typed “Hey”. I didn’t reply and he never followed up with a question. Guess the shyt wasn’t important

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My manager has once again complained about my communication or lack of (I guess). But I think I finally understand what he wants. I think he wants more project status type of updates. So I'll try that in the Slack standup channel tomorrow. One of the annoying things is he doesn't ask what he wants to know when he complains about this stuff during our 1:1s. And now I have weekly 1:1s with HR girl, which I think is to help me with project planning?

And the conference rooms are still messed up. At least one of them was installed poorly. And by that I mean, the default camera view shows the bottom of the TV. But there hasn't been any complaints about the WiFi in weeks, so I guess I got that fixed.

The whole situation has me conflicted because if I'm not dealing with the manager stuff (or conference rooms\events) then the job ain't bad. And there's folks that I like (security eng, director of eng, & COO) and I think they like me too. But the voice in my head says I should keep applying for jobs.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Just got a merit raise and a bonus when my level isn’t even eligible for them, yay (I bust my ass and need a vacay badly)-, just four more months til I’m out for a good minute :smile:

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
My manager has once again complained about my communication or lack of (I guess). But I think I finally understand what he wants. I think he wants more project status type of updates. So I'll try that in the Slack standup channel tomorrow. One of the annoying things is he doesn't ask what he wants to know when he complains about this stuff during our 1:1s. And now I have weekly 1:1s with HR girl, which I think is to help me with project planning?

And the conference rooms are still messed up. At least one of them was installed poorly. And by that I mean, the default camera view shows the bottom of the TV. But there hasn't been any complaints about the WiFi in weeks, so I guess I got that fixed.

The whole situation has me conflicted because if I'm not dealing with the manager stuff (or conference rooms\events) then the job ain't bad. And there's folks that I like (security eng, director of eng, & COO) and I think they like me too. But the voice in my head says I should keep applying for jobs.

Be careful. Your manager starts complaining too much I'd start looking for another job.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
These System Engineers man :snoop: . I check the backlog and there are 4 stories. One is one year old, another is 2 years old, a third has so much going on that it should be broken into several smaller user stories, and the last one with a random selection of JSON and no details about what needs to be done - the acceptance criteria is functionally, "this thing should do a thing." What the fukk is up with this low effort ass shyt? Even when I half ass it, I'm going to give you a solid deliverable. Y'all can't attempt the same?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
still haven't gotten a rejection, i wonder if they just ghost people instead of sending a rejection or if they are having a hard time getting the person to sign and don't want to close their pipeline

anyway, started applying to other places. figure this might be a interim job, if i get something by mid summer, just ride it out into Q1 of next year and start looking again, hopefully bigger companies are hiring by then

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
still haven't gotten a rejection, i wonder if they just ghost people instead of sending a rejection or if they are having a hard time getting the person to sign and don't want to close their pipeline

anyway, started applying to other places. figure this might be a interim job, if i get something by mid summer, just ride it out into Q1 of next year and start looking again, hopefully bigger companies are hiring by then
I got ghosted once... maybe it was twice, by the same company... after being referred by a manager, after making it to the final round :unimpressed: . They just out here messing with people's lives.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday’s bring your dog to work day was a trial run.

And it’s also secretly part of a plan to have people come in 3 days a week. Hasn’t been announced yet, but they might start letting people bring their dogs in all the time to encourage people to come in. It pays to be friendly to the office manager.

Doesn’t really affect me because I’m already in the office about that much anyway.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Yesterday’s bring your dog to work day was a trial run.

And it’s also secretly part of a plan to have people come in 3 days a week. Hasn’t been announced yet, but they might start letting people bring their dogs in all the time to encourage people to come in. It pays to be friendly to the office manager.

Doesn’t really affect me because I’m already in the office about that much anyway.
:francis: fukk all that

Just pay me more for the commute.