6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Now there’s a weekly event to set up the All Hands meeting. No one told me this was going to be a weekly thing.
We just canceled our all hand on meeting.

Said get your information from direct manager who’s in weekly meetings..

The system director who used to head quarterly meetings was let go.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We just canceled our all hand on meeting.

Said get your information from direct manager who’s in weekly meetings..

The system director who used to head quarterly meetings was let go.
I missed most of today’s security meeting (where I would go over my projects) with my manager, the eng director, and the security engineer because I was helping to set up for the All Hands meeting. So I haven’t really gotten to talk to anyone about my okta project in weeks.

And I don’t really talk to many of my coworkers. Like there’s some that sit around me (and a few others) that I talk to, but for the most part it’s short greetings. But I’m friendly and helpful when people need something.

I’m pretty much in job hunt mode again. I reached out to a former coworker for a referral. And HR reached out for a recruiter call tomorrow.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What should I say about why I’m looking for a job after only 5 months?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
nothing more annoying than a company who pushes interviews quickly then goes silent. In the scheme of things, this is a big company so I don’t expect them to be so quick with decisions, but I emailed the recruiter today to see when they planned on making decisions, haven’t heard anything back yet. Also asked my friend who referred me, she wasn’t able to get any info from her manager in their 1:1.

It’s a bad job market, but I’m close to quitting with nothing lined up - took the week off and felt amazing this week, today I feel all sorts of anxiety creeping back in 😒

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
People stay screaming about urgent data issues that end up being user error :beli:

I’ve decided to turn off my teams read receipts and set my status to permanent “Away”

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
People stay screaming about urgent data issues that end up being user error :beli:

I’ve decided to turn off my teams read receipts and set my status to permanent “Away”
:mjlol: I keep my status on always offline so that MFs hesitate before messaging me. Now if only these Naps would learn to ask their questions from the jump rather than saying "Hi" and waiting on me to respond like
WideFlashyArachnid.webp

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
l
:mjlol: I keep my status on always offline so that MFs hesitate before messaging me. Now if only these Naps would learn to ask their questions from the jump rather than saying "Hi" and waiting on me to respond like
WideFlashyArachnid.webp
These Mfs are senior leaders so it usually starts with them emailing my VP that something is wrong. VP freaks out. No screenshot, no examples or anything. Waste about 3 hours to realize they misinterpreted something or are using a data asset not meant for their use case :unimpressed:

“Oh okay thanks for clarifying” as a response :unimpressed:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
WideFlashyArachnid.webp
Had someone message me Hi on Friday. I ain’t get around to reply until 4:59pm.

Oh I must have missed this :sas2: