6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Bottom fell out of our project work lately. Not a good feeling right now especially since I just started in January. :francis:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Bottom fell out of our project work lately. Not a good feeling right now especially since I just started in January. :francis:
Mad layoffs happening. No public announcement. :francis:

I might be OK because I’ve only truly been working for 2 months as an out of school hire but I’m still on edge now.

They are pushing back start dates for incoming graduates, freezing hiring, promotions, and bonuses, putting people on PIPs. Wild.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Didn’t do a single bit of work today :mjlol:

Weird, with all the layoffs happening I’ve had an increase of recruiters in my inbox, about one everyday for the past week or so, all with compensation north of $150k with 75% of them being remote and I haven’t updated my linkedin with my current company, role and/or tech stack yet… it’s like they’re begging me to hop on the oe wave.

Interesting… im gonna round out my profile with the AWS networking specialty cert later this year… that combination of skillset may be the cheat code to the bag… people really hate Networking and find Kubernetes daunting… but I’ll happily do it for $200k+/yr :yes:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so had the recruiter call and bro spent 5 mins selling WLB and how the company is a place where people have long careers because it's a comfortable place to work... all in hopes of apologizing for the comp not being the same as tech salaries...but i can tell he was benchmarking against FAANG and other big tech and large "startups" like Stripe, cuz the comp is on par with most other types of tech companies.

the base is on par, maybe ~20k shy of top end for this level, but given the bonus is 25-30% of base (i don't even have a bonus where i work, and bonus is still usually 15-20% for my level most places), plus sign on, plus RSUs (def smaller than big tech, but not hugely so for a non-tech role) and 401k match of 10%, immediately vested....the package was noice

the HM didn't tell the recruiter we already talked, so I have a formal HM round coming up where the HM said they'd just walk me through everything the other interviewers would ask :dead:

My bonus got murdered. Still got it, but it was weaker than I expected. They like to talk about bonus when they're trying to recruit you but then tryna "what happened was" when bonus time comes.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Weird, with all the layoffs happening I’ve had an increase of recruiters in my inbox, about one everyday for the past week or so, all with compensation north of $150k with 75% of them being remote and I haven’t updated my linkedin with my current company, role and/or tech stack yet… it’s like they’re begging me to hop on the oe wave.

Interesting… im gonna round out my profile with the AWS networking specialty cert later this year… that combination of skillset may be the cheat code to the bag… people really hate Networking and find Kubernetes daunting… but I’ll happily do it for $200k+/yr :yes:

What's your profile? I'm getting the odd recruiter but nothing as crazy as when I had #opentowork activated.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang

Do it breh. I start a new #2 on Monday and if all goes well i can replace #1 in the next two weeks :laugh:

I really dont like my current role or the person i report too. Dude is the definition of a micro manager

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
What's your profile? I'm getting the odd recruiter but nothing as crazy as when I had #opentowork activated.
My profile still says open to work, but with my old title and my previous employer which was a enterprise network/firewall engineer position, but with a mix of devops workloads... linux, python, ansible, cicd, kubernetes, iac, cloud etc. with a CKA and a few AWS certs. So i get hit up for network automation, network, cloud engineer and devops roles.

Current title is sre/devops.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My profile still says open to work, but with my old title and my previous employer which was a enterprise network/firewall engineer position, but with a mix of devops workloads... linux, python, ansible, cicd, kubernetes, iac, cloud etc. with a CKA and a few AWS certs. So i get hit up for network automation, network, cloud engineer and devops roles.

Current title is sre/devops.
OK, I can see how you'd be getting some burn. I'm bout to be #opentowork. See what's out there.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I gotta let this script run for several hours because I accidentally wrote an infinite loop and I don't have permissions in the CMDB to cancel the execution :unimpressed:

How you complain about SQL but can't write a for-loop? :ufdup:

I did that same thing last week. :mjlol:
But I'm the captain of my server. So I ended when I found out. :ufdup:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
How you complain about SQL but can't write a for-loop? :ufdup:

I did that same thing last week. :mjlol:
But I'm the captain of my server. So I ended when I found out. :ufdup:
Somebody figured it out about 2 hours in
giphy.webp

And it was a while loop
76e72f265fed7b28cf992ebc0d5759a9.jpg

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Code:
while (1 = 1) { head_ass; }

fukk-you-fck-you.gif
Code:
while (1 == 1) { head_ass(); }
Fixed :mjgrin: . Yet another annoyance of developing to this system though. Everything has to be run against the server, can't run it locally, and all the useful permissions are only for the admins even though the devs are doing all the heavy lifting. If this user story wasn't so easy I might have been mad. It's a group of them I'm supposed to tackle with a teammate over the next sprint, they shouldn't take more than a day of half effort to finish them all.