6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I tried to book a meeting with someone but the time was blocked off for yoga. :russ:
Even if that's what you're doing why tell everyone, didn't need to add all that detail. I looked further and were a lot times blocked off for stuff like that, the yoga session was daily.

I get it, we WFH and we generally have the freedom to do what we please...but I'm not putting down all my personal biz on my calendar.
A lot of people, including myself, have times like that blocked, family time, gym, pick up kids, walk, etc Being transparent shows it’s an important thing to you and that people shouldn’t book over it, in my experience simply saying “blocked” or “do not schedule” means someone will schedule over it at some point

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Did you at least write the old one? What I hate is having to read other people's code.
Nope. Didn't write the original query, didn't write the rewrite they put in place before the data model changed, had no input on the old or new database layout. The aliases don't make a ton of sense compared to the terminology they use when talking about the data. But I don't have the luxury to change anything. I'm at the point where if my next revision isn't what they're looking for, I'm going to hand it off to somebody else and say never put me on anything database related again :camby: . MF should have never assigned me this story in the first place.
A lot of people, including myself, have times like that blocked, family time, gym, pick up kids, walk, etc Being transparent shows it’s an important thing to you and that people shouldn’t book over it, in my experience simply saying “blocked” or “do not schedule” means someone will schedule over it at some point
Blocking off time for picking up kids is fine, but all the other stuff is blowing up the spot unnecessarily in my opinion. I really don't care what people do on the clock given how much non work stuff I do daily :mjlol: . But don't give them a reason to think you aren't working.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

I'm saying I don't think transparency is necessary here, we already have freedom to do what we want as long as the results are there.
I wouldn't have booked over anything they had scheduled.

I have two young kids and do stuff like go to the park during work so I get the work/life balance part.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Blocking off time for picking up kids is fine, but all the other stuff is blowing up the spot unnecessarily in my opinion. I really don't care what people do on the clock given how much non work stuff I do daily :mjlol: . But don't give them a reason to think you aren't working.
depends on the company...my last 3 companies, this was common as with time zones and shyt, people will see "busy" or "DNS" and take it as a suggestion, instead of a mandate. people are generally encouraged to protect the time they need and have no issues blocking time to walk outside or hit the gym :yeshrug:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Company is moving to cloud end of the financial year.

Then next year they’re also going to move to another cloud during the following financial year.

And this is on top disbanding all Microsoft products by the end of this financial year.

Thus making simple processes much more complex because they’ll need to be built out through python.

*sigh*

/rant

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
And yet you refuse to use chatgpt :unimpressed: .

I don’t even use it like that but stackoverflow or chatgpt.

No excuses fam
ChatGPT won't have anything for this. There's too much information it would need to be fed. It's not a case of pull these columns from this table. It's pull these columns from these tables with no direct link between the tables that will make things less convoluted.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
ChatGPT won't have anything for this. There's too much information it would need to be fed. It's not a case of pull these columns from this table. It's pull these columns from these tables with no direct link between the tables that will make things less convoluted.

i think all these articles have people believing that chatGPT is "intelligent" enough to do anything that you can describe to it.

we should open an account for chatGPT on here.

:patrice:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
so your problem isn't sql. it's shytty programming with no documentation.

your problem is with people.

don't speak ill of sql again :ufdup:

I've been there breh. But with C# and Winforms. :mjcry:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

I always document code and leave links like I’m explaining it to a 5th grader.

Honestly it what helps me understand what’s going on :russ:

Because so many times I figure how to make shyt work that I don’t even understand on the surface

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:ehh::blessed::wow:

script and open software driven environment will work better in the long run.

are you guys on linux?

all them remote space rovers, super computers etc run on unix (well linux) for a reason.
Nah windows.

And the reality is we’re ditching Microsoft in favor of google.

Yet 90% of the team only knows how to excel and very simple read only sql queries .

It’s due to some higher up internal politics. :hubie:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Yeah a problem with people :mjcry:

But it's still fukk SQL, its momma, all it's ever done, or will do in the future
cfda0dbfde4617ed7e920af4e663acd7.gif