6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I messed up at work. The MSP contract is over at the end of the week. They control our Google Workspace backups. I didn’t move fast enough I’m lining up a replacement because I didn’t realize it was apparent so important to not have a gap in our backup coverage.

I’m trying to rush it with a vendor, but I still don’t understand why it matters so much. Is GitHub backed up? What about our docs in Notion? What AWS? Where are those backups?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I messed up at work. The MSP contract is over at the end of the week. They control our Google Workspace backups. I didn’t move fast enough I’m lining up a replacement because I didn’t realize it was apparent so important to not have a gap in our backup coverage.

I’m trying to rush it with a vendor, but I still don’t understand why it matters so much. Is GitHub backed up? What about our docs in Notion? What AWS? Where are those backups?
I met with a vendor was going to go forward with them. But the security engineer had a bunch of questions. Hopefully, I can get his approval to go ahead with things tomorrow.

I gotta go into the office on Thursday. They're doing a Q&A event for the weekly All Hands and they want a full mic setup and everything. This is the shyt that makes me want a new job. I've been having to work with mics, projectors, and other audio equipment my entire career and I've always hated it. None of these companies ever have a set up where a user can easily set it up themselves.

There's also a happy hour after work to celebrate the end of Q1. It's at an engineering manager's place. The team isn't small. There's like 40 or 50 people in the NYC office. I've never heard of a work event like this. There's a part of me that suspects that it's not actually at the manager's place and they're really just keeping the location secret.

Either way, I have no desire to go to that.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I'm at the point where if there's more than 2 1 hour meetings in a single day, do not expect any work out of me that day and I'm gonna use that as an excuse for why i aint get shyt done that day on the next standup :manny:

Enough with the fukking meetings.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I tried to book a meeting with someone but the time was blocked off for yoga. :russ:
Even if that's what you're doing why tell everyone, didn't need to add all that detail. I looked further and were a lot times blocked off for stuff like that, the yoga session was daily.

I get it, we WFH and we generally have the freedom to do what we please...but I'm not putting down all my personal biz on my calendar.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It’s 8:43 and I’m laying in bed unbathed, texting the guy…I really have anxiety about starting work some days. I gotta get out this place. Like I’m avoiding getting up and getting ready just because I don’t want to work
Update I have bathed and am groomed :pachaha:

But I’m eating cereal and drinking coffee and still have yet to log on :ucku: