[6/30/24] AEW x NJPW x CMLL Present Forbidden Door: Swerve/Ospreay, Mox/Naito, New TNT Champ, ZSJ/OC, Elite/Scissor Aces and More

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I think its beneficial for more AEW top guys to lose in these PPVs so they can have feuds for the rest if not half the year. Makes it more interesting and less predictable.
Agreed, but that doesn't make sense in this specific case with the G1 starting in a month and Moxley not in it.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Forbidden Door adjacent, Kyle Fletcher defending the ROH TV title in Arena Mexico next week against Atlantis Jr. at the CMLL show

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Forbidden Door season is always fun.
This Forbidden Door season has been weird compared to the previous two. It feels much more like it’s an AEW show that NJPW, CMLL, and STARDOM will be guest appearing on as opposed to the last two years where it felt like AEW and NJPW were co-stars

I can get why that would be the case with New Japan though. Frankly they just don’t have the stars to be at that level with AEW anymore.

They’ve had so much talent leave, a lot of the star names they have left over are washed or semi-washed, and they’ve seemingly refused to do anything to elevate their next generation. Hopefully this year’s G1 will help elevate that talent but who the fukk knows.

New Japan has a pretty rocky road ahead of them over the next few years. If they don’t manage to get any of this next generation over as stars reasonably soon then it’s going to get really ugly for them because that Japan economy isn’t going to do them any favors to beef up the roster.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This Forbidden Door season has been weird compared to the previous two. It feels much more like it’s an AEW show that NJPW, CMLL, and STARDOM will be guest appearing on as opposed to the last two years where it felt like AEW and NJPW were co-stars

I can get why that would be the case with New Japan though. Frankly they just don’t have the stars to be at that level with AEW anymore.

They’ve had so much talent leave, a lot of the star names they have left over are washed or semi-washed, and they’ve seemingly refused to do anything to elevate their next generation. Hopefully this year’s G1 will help elevate that talent but who the fukk knows.

New Japan has a pretty rocky road ahead of them over the next few years. If they don’t manage to get any of this next generation over as stars reasonably soon then it’s going to get really ugly for them because that Japan economy isn’t going to do them any favors to beef up the roster.

I mean, AEW is the main company throwing the PPV. And it’s not like the companies involved are in the States to do things weekly across them.

I couldn’t care less since it’s dope to see a cross promotion event with talent from different companies involved.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I mean, AEW is the main company throwing the PPV. And it’s not like the companies involved are in the States to do things weekly across them.

I couldn’t care less since it’s dope to see a cross promotion event with talent from different companies involved.
While this is true, AEW and NJPW are supposed to be splitting production costs. So it’s a bit weird how much less involved they are this year. Not that I’m complaining though given the current state of New Japan.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
While this is true, AEW and NJPW are supposed to be splitting production costs. So it’s a bit weird how much less involved they are this year. Not that I’m complaining though given the current state of New Japan.
With the current state of NJ, you’re gonna be surprised they’re not getting more involved? Nobody gives a fukk about David Finley BC. They don’t have any hot talent.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I don't know bout over 10K but could be close

Just filling up the lower bowl if anything, would be decent. Hopefully they able to provide decently priced tickets leading up to the event to help.

Not sure how the comparison is between single night ppv and combo night ppv is, especially since collision taped tonight. But I'm sure that fans would be willing to pay a slightly higher price if they had both events to attend versus just one.