6/15 PBC PRIME PPV: Gervonta "Tank" Davis vs Frank Martin/David Benavidez vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Thecoli.com
Is Loma the face of Boxing.. Or is Tank the face of boxing?? Who would have the drawing power to do a cross promotional event?? Loma or Tank???
Yes we heard Tank and Spence talk about what's EASY... It seems to only be a trend with Haymon fighters

Cross promotional events including 2 or more networks is rare. Thats why you ducked my question of how many Loma has done.

If Loma vs Tank was announced for October and ESPN and Prime came together with a PPV price at 100 dollars would you buy it?

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Man this is EXACTLY how I feel

I don’t know if this is new or not but it feels like people predict fights based on if they like the fighter or not

Lots of people do not like Tank so they are bigging up Martin, but when I go back and watch FM tape I have to turn it off. I means he almost doesn’t stand a chance, he’s not even good (in terms of the elites I mean)

In that Artem fight he was getting visibly hurt to the body like wincing and everything

And yea the “flinch” can be downplayed but not to me. He’s def out of his element, I mean I know killers and I know good people and I know good people who will do you in. Frank is getting bullied, it’s the “little” things.

You think Joshua or Bivol or Usyk or Loma or Boots (thinking of non-talkers) anyone like that is letting any man or boxer get in their personal space like that and push them back every time they are in close range, whether the fighter was better than them or not?

That’s a lack of dog for real

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Man this is EXACTLY how I feel

I don’t know if this is new or not but it feels like people predict fights based on if they like the fighter or not

Lots of people do not like Tank so they are bigging up Martin, but when I go back and watch FM tape I have to turn it off. I means he almost doesn’t stand a chance, he’s not even good (in terms of the elites I mean)

In that Artem fight he was getting visibly hurt to the body like wincing and everything

And yea the “flinch” can be downplayed but not to me. He’s def out of his element, I mean I know killers and I know good people and I know good people who will do you in. Frank is getting bullied, it’s the “little” things.

You think Joshua or Bivol or Usyk or Loma or Boots (thinking of non-talkers) anyone like that is letting any man or boxer get in their personal space like that and push them back every time they are in close range, whether the fighter was better than them or not?

That’s a lack of dog for real

Faceoffs rarely have any bearing on the actual fight lol.

Frank is likely to get dogwalked but it wont be because he flinched at a faceoff. I can go to my gym flinch at 99% of the fighters they are going to react because we spent a thousand hours prepping reaction to that specific movement :mjlol:

Now this could spell he will bite on feints more I guess but IDK its a bit much to read into.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

This is in a way the moment of truth for David Benevidez. Will he prove the doubters wrong that he is a weight bully?
He does get routinely outboxed by fighters at 168. Now he's facing an elite Boxer at 175, can he still win against a bigger guy who he can't presumably overpower and manhandle?

Let's see

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

This is in a way the moment of truth for David Benevidez. Will he prove the doubters wrong that he is a weight bully?
He does get routinely outboxed by fighters at 168. Now he's facing an elite Boxer at 175, can he still win against a bigger guy who he can't presumably overpower and manhandle?

Let's see

Hes gonna beat the shyt out of creh. He already said they sparred when beni waz like 19 n beni pieced him up. Card gonna be full of kos :mjlol:

Last edited:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

Frank is likely to get dogwalked but it wont be because he flinched at a faceoff. I can go to my gym flinch at 99% of the fighters they are going to react because we spent a thousand hours prepping reaction to that specific movement :mjlol:

Now this could spell he will bite on feints more I guess but IDK its a bit much to read into.
While you are right, I have not seen a fighter look this intimidated during the faceoffs and interviews since maybe the Tyson days. Ol boy looks like he lost before he even got in the ring. There is a Pooh Shiesty line that goes "took your chain before I grabbed it" Yeah getting those vibes.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Cross promotional events including 2 or more networks is rare. Thats why you ducked my question of how many Loma has done.

If Loma vs Tank was announced for October and ESPN and Prime came together with a PPV price at 100 dollars would you buy it?
I don't answer dumb questions everyone here already knows the answer to.. as far as the would I spend $100 to see Tank vs Loma.. Absolutely why wouldn't I support that fight?? Wouldn't you?

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I don't answer dumb questions everyone here already knows the answer to.. as far as the would I spend $100 to see Tank vs Loma.. Absolutely why wouldn't I support that fight?? Wouldn't you?

You can't answer it because you don't know it. You exposed your knowledge on boxing when i asked you to name 4 other dudes at 135 RIGHT NOW that are better to face then Frank Martin and you named Teo and Devin :mjlol:

You be very surface level with your shyt. Not only would i buy that card. I am buying this card too...this a great card from top to bottom :umad:

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I did not say "Frank Martin is going to lose because he flinched"

That would be stupid.

Reread what I wrote.

He's getting bullied from pillar to post. Personal space violated in both faceoffs, f the flinch. Way before that, he's letting Tank walk in his space, he's stepping back, turning sideways, looking around for validation, etc etc. These are bully tactics & EVERYTHING you feel matters in a big fight.

Frank is by far the less skilled fighter, so this stuff matters even more. Tank would not do a lot of this to say, a Loma, because it wouldn't mess his psyche up, but it messes with Frank.

In boxing, the fight starts in negotations. Green fighters do not know this. Everything from negotiations to fight night is part of the tactics.

Not sure if you follow a guy named Greg Hackeet on YT but he breaks this down pretty solid a few months ago.

Again, in big fights (think Spence Bud) the fight starts OUTSIDE of the ring and everything counts and matters and is a play to throw you off.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I did not say "Frank Martin is going to lose because he flinched"

That would be stupid.

Reread what I wrote.

He's getting bullied from pillar to post. Personal space violated in both faceoffs, f the flinch. Way before that, he's letting Tank walk in his space, he's stepping back, turning sideways, looking around for validation, etc etc. These are bully tactics & EVERYTHING you feel matters in a big fight.

Frank is by far the less skilled fighter, so this stuff matters even more. Tank would not do a lot of this to say, a Loma, because it wouldn't mess his psyche up, but it messes with Frank.

In boxing, the fight starts in negotations. Green fighters do not know this. Everything from negotiations to fight night is part of the tactics.

Not sure if you follow a guy named Greg Hackeet on YT but he breaks this down pretty solid a few months ago.

Again, in big fights (think Spence Bud) the fight starts OUTSIDE of the ring and everything counts and matters and is a play to throw you off.

I guess man but its pretty often fighters can come off looking silly or shook pre fight and they get in the cage/ring and win or fight well.

I just don't put as much stock into pre fight shenanigans are you do and thats completely fine for us to disagree :hubie: