53% of Homeless in US have full time jobs

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
My local church does outreach, and you wouldn't believe how many college students, active, going to class and everything ain't got a place to live.

It's a crying shame, but I don't see people willing to face what's in front of them
I was homeless while in college for about a 2 month period. I slept at the library

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
That’s when you realize that this country really doesn’t give af about it’s citizens. The government caused this issue and has never done anything to fix it.

It's the negligence of local/state governments that let this get to where it's at.

Because if there were mandates that rent cannot exceed Y in areas where the median income is X, this could've never happened. Or acknowledging that there is a problem and using all those in depth surveys about the population in an area to figure out what rent should be in a particular area relative to income.

At the same time, people actively seek to not live around people who make less money than them...and these higher rents help keep them away....and the overall sentiment that people have regarding these people is for them to stop being poor and lazy...or to just work more.

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Was just reading James 5 last night;

You have hoarded wealth in the last days. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.

capitalism :wow:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Yet there's so many houses unoccupied doing nothing. There's a lot of abandoned buildings that could be bought and converted into homeless shelters, but the people that own those buildings don't care about that. Some of these building are churches. They're just standing there in the neighborhood. There's SO MANY churches. Get the utilities working, put some beds in there, have a reasonable curfew, security if needed, and let people have a place to lay their head. In the day time they can work (or night if permitted). You don't even have to provide food. Volunteers welcome.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’ve talked with a couple solid posters personally on here, college students and full-time workers, who are dealing with the same issue. It’s a constant reminder to myself that you never know what people are really going through and kindness can go a very long way.

I know this website is an escape for a lot of us with all the jokes/bs but times are hard right now. Life is a balance but it’s necessary to move very smart out here and some sacrifices in lifestyle/money habits need to happen to put yourself and family in the best position possible.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Believable. I remember my first job was at Walmart. I was working part-time and still living at home with my mom. It was surprising to find out that most of the full time workers were on government assistance while also working second jobs. That let me know that what I thought was a real paycheck was just chump change for most people with entire families to take care of.

timeless

All Star
Daps
I’ve talked with a couple solid posters personally on here, college students and full-time workers, who are dealing with the same issue. It’s a constant reminder to myself that you never know what people are really going through and kindness can go a very long way.

I know this website is an escape for a lot of us with all the jokes/bs but times are hard right now. Life is a balance but it’s necessary to move very smart out here and some sacrifices in lifestyle/money habits need to happen to put yourself and family in the best position possible.

Kindness does go a long way as does some understanding.

We can all learn something about living below our means. Especially for the planet.