4 florida(broward county) teachers die from covid within 24hours

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
The federal govt is largely inefficient because there has been an ongoing agenda to destabilize the federal govt since 1865.

All because a bunch of fakkit cacs couldnt live without "muh slavery" , individual states largely cannot be trusted to govern and still operate on a program that preserves the Union.

It took the worst economic downfall in the history of this country for the Feds to have true power and whatdouknow it actually was a rousing success :ohhh:

People were put to work, infrastructure built, food was put on tables. So much so that the US was prepared for World War 2 more than any other nations.

There is a case for states to have more agency in regulating certain domains (wildfire prevention for example)..But most arguments to defang the feds is pure racist and/or libertarian drivel.:stopitslime:

The federal government is stronger than ever and has corporations. doing their bidding at this point.

Daps
The federal government is stronger than ever and has corporations. doing their bidding at this point.
giphy.gif

The sheer number of people that claim they're paying attention then immediately prove they're not blow me away

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Okay I see now that you are just ignorant of the process and powers of the presidency. Instead of educating yourself, you in here talking about things that you don't understand.

I can destroy your entire argument with one single question: if presidents have as much power as you claim, if Trump successfully challenged the precedent that we are currently discussing...

Then why couldn't he force Michigan to open last year when Gov Whitmer kept the whole state closed when the virus was wrecking MI residents?

Trump couldn't do anything but whine and complain. He had no legal authority to force the state open. And when his whining and complaining didn't work, then he engaged in criminal behavior by calling on Michigan residents to "liberate Michigan" which led to the arrests of multiple militia members who were planning to kidnap Whitmer and execute her?

So. Again. What is it that you want Biden to do?

:comeon:
As I already said - the precedent has been set for executive action in regards to quarantine. You are not a law scholar, nor am I. There have been things that could have been done much earlier to prevent this from even happening in the first place.

From my view it appears as though Biden ignored and allowed the southern GOP governors to directly contribute to the spread of COVID in order to maintain bipartisanship. To leverage the bills he wanted to be passed in the first few months of his presidency.

Under pressure to act more forcefully as the delta variant rages across the South, Biden said earlier this week the White House is "checking" into how much power the federal government has to intervene as DeSantis threatened to withhold state funding from schools and officials adopting mask mandates in Florida -- the state with the highest number of pediatric COVID-19 cases as kids head back to school.

It comes after weeks of growing tensions as some Republican governors -- particularly in Florida and Texas -- continue to fight against mask and vaccine mandates as COVID-19 cases skyrocket in their states.
Biden, DeSantis faceoff raises questions of politics versus public health: ANALYSIS

This is a problem that has been allowed to festered. The conversations currently taking place at the White House, way after the fact, should have been done weeks - if not months ago. This should tell you that there are things that could have been done that were put off for whatever reason, ultimately contributing to the problem we see today. These GOP governors appear to be acting with almost complete immunity.

Or do you believe these conversations are an empty threat akin to Trumps “whining and crying” because it is impossible for the president to pressure a single governor. Especially one with decades of political experience and leverage in both the house and senate :stopitslime:

In the process of trying to work around the issue. Biden has actually made Desantis a powerful cult figure, propped up by idiots, in direct opposition to him. And we all know how that might go :mjpls:

Last edited:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way

Quite the opposite. The Feds are in the pockets of the corporations because good ole American individualism means everyone is playing dirty to win.

After WW2 cacs got up to their old tricks and "states rights" became a thing again because god forbid black people reap the benefits of an expanded federal govt in a post war world.

The division allowed the corporations to gain a foothold with conservatives who push populist anti federal govt rhetoric (to keep corporations from paying taxes) and spineless neo liberals who are paid off to use existing federal govt resources to band aid social ills instead of nationalizing our industry/expanding the social welfare net by forcing corporations to pay taxes.

The federal govt is large only because it exists as a means to shield the corporations from taxes, force us to pay the tax burden and turn around and use our money to pay the contracts corporations have. It does not serve the people.

But the majority of states cant be trusted either since electoral college gives the most ignorant and backwater parts of our nation way too much power.

Cacs like DeSantis and Abbot largely dont give a fukk about their states. They just dbl down on maga fukkery to please their bases who unfortunately get catered to by the GOP for elections.

Daps
Quite the opposite. The Feds are in the pockets of the corporations because good ole American individualism means everyone is playing dirty to win.

After WW2 cacs got up to their old tricks and "states rights" became a thing again because god forbid black people reap the benefits of an expanded federal govt in a post war world.

The division allowed the corporations to gain a foothold with conservatives who push populist anti federal govt rhetoric (to keep corporations from paying taxes) and spineless neo liberals who are paid off to use existing federal govt resources to band aid social ills instead of nationalizing our industry/expanding the social welfare net by forcing corporations to pay taxes.

The federal govt is large only because it exists as a means to shield the corporations from taxes, force us to pay the tax burden and turn around and use our money to pay the contracts corporations have. It does not serve the people.

But the majority of states cant be trusted either since electoral college gives the most ignorant and backwater parts of our nation way too much power.
giphy.gif

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy talking to folk you thought you knew about this virus and the vaccine....I've heard enough conspiracy theories from people I know and I'm just bewildered by the sheer ignorance of some people. Never, ever citing any credible medical sources. Someone today was like they didn't believe it because they didn't catch it... :what: we up against some of the largest group of ignoramuses ever.

Daps
It's crazy talking to folk you thought you knew about this virus and the vaccine....I've heard enough conspiracy theories from people I know and I'm just bewildered by the sheer ignorance of some people. Never, ever citing any credible medical sources. Someone today was like they didn't believe it because they didn't catch it... :what: we up against some of the largest group of ignoramuses ever.
It’s honestly demoralizing

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
People arguing over state government vs federal government when most of these politicians don't give a damn about anybody. No matter what they do even, someone gonna be upset. People refusing to get vaccine or wear masks is hurting us more than the government. Thank God I don't have any kids to be dealing with this bs going on over here. I was reading earlier about a student in Nevada who got a positive covid test couple of days before school started and was sent to school affecting a whole bunch of students. They had to shut down classes I believe. When you got idiot parents like that tryna affect other kids, don't matter what any type of government does. We screwed if people don't spend more time tryna solve covid instead of arguing about dumb shyt with the government.

ItzRailT

All Star
Daps
Cap you know saying things to instill for the hell of it, RIP the teachers you know people who trying to push an agenda going to grab on to any and everything to prove a point