[4/5/19] NXT Takeover: New York

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
the crowd was rabid the entire time and this dude is nitpicking the specifics of the fake fighting mechanics :mjlol:
WWE main event style is the tried and true thing

I'm actually with him on a lot of things he said. I'm also mostly burned out of the current mix of indy style and WWE Epic were nothing means jackshyt until the final 5 minutes. It's actually my main problem with a bunch of New Japan "epics" too.

But if the crowd likes it :manny: and I tend to forgive a lot of flaws if a match has a dope atmosphere/reaction.

Henzo

Kliq'd Up
Daps
I'm actually with him on a lot of things he said. I'm also mostly burned out of the current mix of indy style and WWE Epic were nothing means jackshyt until the final 5 minutes. It's actually my main problem with a bunch of New Japan "epics" too.

But if the crowd likes it :manny: and I tend to forgive a lot of flaws if a match has a dope atmosphere/reaction.
i barely watch wrestling, so I understand if this shyt burns you out. For me, as a guy who only watches Takeovers and major WWE shows (and the January NJPW show forgot the name) and maybe two full RAWS this past year and that's it, I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Cole and Gargano busted their ass and created a fun match.

The crowd helped a lot to be fair. NYC always brings the heat. Looking forward to Mania for sure

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
When his name is changed to "Walt" come Royal Rumble 2020
tumblr_ppikun3Cjd1s24yedo1_500.gif

Henzo

Kliq'd Up
Daps
When his name is changed to "Walt" come Royal Rumble 2020
tumblr_ppikun3Cjd1s24yedo1_500.gif
I had only seen clips of Pete dunne and walter before this, but god damn can Pete dunne sell. Dude was out there pinballing like 1997 HBK at points. And Walter is just a big mean beast who can also sell really well. Loved this show

Also Matt Riddle stood out on this show. His awareness is 10 year vet level. The way he switched up his style mid-match from face to heel reminded me of HBK at Survivor Series 1996. Was amazing. Him and Dream are both future main roster main eventers for sure

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm in the city for the week, catching a few shows. We hit up NXT and shyt that was a lot of fun, cool atmosphere in there..

I can't believe everyone got behind Johnny at the end because that muthafukka was all Adam Cole fans to start the match. Booking did a great job getting them to turn lol

I was standing up like fukk yall when dream won his that was a great match too :myman:

Ricochet ain't human shyt he does is real impressive being there :whew:

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had only seen clips of Pete dunne and walter before this, but god damn can Pete dunne sell. Dude was out there pinballing like 1997 HBK at points. And Walter is just a big mean beast who can also sell really well. Loved this show

Also Matt Riddle stood out on this show. His awareness is 10 year vet level. The way he switched up his style mid-match from face to heel reminded me of HBK at Survivor Series 1996. Was amazing. Him and Dream are both future main roster main eventers for sure

Man with WWE you cant say that, they could also get called up and be booked like mid carders.

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:The marks are running the business. We shyt on Corny and Vince but them dudes are more down to earth with reality than 99 percent of the roster. Expect the future of wrestling to be full of false finishes, fake hugs, and some of the most unbelievable booking that would make Verne Gagne be like "this is why I book myself as champion:francis:". I don't even consider NXT to be indie wrestling done right, but more indie wrestling dialed to 1000. At least the indies try to have fukkery apart of the middle of the show and make the main event believable.

That's one of the reasons why I noped out of NJPW:francis:. It went from "strong style" for beginners, to fukking indie trash with the neckbeards running the show. When you got the audience like :scust:at the thought of Switchblade being the champion, you are not doing it right:camby:. I'm really coming to terms to why Vince and etc book the way they do, because of matches like tonight:aicmon:. How you want me to believe a 200 pound soaked and wet wrestler can go through the odds of getting kicked 30 times, the entire crew beating him down, and losing to one fall:heh:. At least Cena gave the wrestler a rhyme and reason before he start to no sell. Sometimes it seems like we take the GOATs for granted:mjcry:. Maybe we getting too old for this shyt:francis:

Nothing worse than guys who are emulating NJPW on the big stage but getting it wrong and going overboard with the indie bullshyt. I hated that shyt in njpw too btw, trading forearms as a way to amp the audience up. Man get the fukk outta here.

If you’re taking 900 side kicks to the face, your brain would be bleeding and you’d be in a fukking coma

You know what, i liked the PPV im not gonna say i hated it but for the first time today i understood these sentiments and terms like spot monkey. Gargano kicked out of waay too much and it wasn't just that match. I first started to feel this way when Riddle no sold a german suplex, theres too much kicking out of shyt and barely selling shyt and yes the fans love it, but all you have to do to get these fans excited and chanting 'this is awesome' is have a suicide dive spot, have 8 matches on the card and a suicide dive spot in each match and they will pop each and every time.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Good show.

Only thing on the show that was really in question going in was the women's title match & they just had Shayna retain, she's got nothing left really outside of a singles match with Io :patrice:

Did appreciate at one point in the main event when Percy said Cole couldn't get cocky & Mauro just said he's Adam Cole :pachaha:

JOHN.KOOL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Btw for anyone who is complaining about the PPV being an indie spot-fest clusterfukk, me included, i fear we probably haven't seen anything yet....and i aint talking WWE. fukk you think AEW will be like :mindblown:

:mjlol::mjlol:

Last edited: