Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This match is why I hate most of wrestling now

So many moves amount to nothing
These guys don’t sell
The simplest shyt should hurt
So many dumb, convoluted set ups
Reliance on leg slapping

I hear you but I think this fast paced style is just much better for this era.

I’m normally critical of WWE shyt but will give credit where credit is due and even though it’s NXT, it’s still WWE and this show was fukking amazing. Every match was dope and high quality.

As long as there’s action I can forgive a whole bunch of shyt. That old “slow it down and sell” shyt don’t work as well today as it did 30 years ago to me

Martha

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
just peeped the show and damn brehs :wow: TakeOver done delivered that piff once again

the opening tag match was dope, Black & Ricochet's "swan song" moment at the end was cool and hopefully they win the SD tag titles at WM

Riddle/Dream was great, it started slow but kicked into high gear right around when Dream missed the Purple Rainmaker and i thought he was about to lose after that so i was surprised when he actually won :leon:also, that german suplex off the ropes was crazy i thought Dream broke his freakin neck off that for a second

Dunne/Walter was my most anticipated match of the night and it was cool for what it was :ehh: i fully expected a slower paced slugfest with Dunne doing a ton of selling and that's exactly what it was, a rematch with a stipulation should definitely happen at the next UK TakeOver.. maybe do a last man standing match :mjgrin:

the 4way was good even though Bianca tapping was wack cause that's gonna be hard for her character to bounce back from but she'll get over with them powerhouse moves when she's a full fledge babyface, hopefully the Sky Pirates move on and challenge Boss&Hug for the belts cause it'd be an instant classic, plus they might as well go for the tag belts since Kairi ain't getting another NXT title run and Io doesn't need one

main event was good but shyt got kinda cartoonish at the end, how UE able to toss the ref back in and Cole doesn't get DQ'd :wtf: i fukked with the storytelling of it all though, the 2/3 falls stip helped the drama and i'm glad Gargano finally got his dub

very entertaining show overall :clap:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Opening tag was fun. Enough with this makeshift tag team tho. Good way to introduce them to the main audience, but let's move on now. Dream vs Riddle was great as expected. I knew Dream was winning because he kicked out of everything. Which became the theme of this show. False finishes...

Dunn vs Walter was a nice change of pace. Loved how physical the match was. The finger bending was a little much but i get what they are trying to do. I knew mfs would be in here calling Walter trash :mjlol:. Never change TSC:mjgrin:

4 way was very good. Told a decent story of the Sky Pirates working together until they had to square off. Bianca desperate to prove herself and Shayna desperate to escape. Not mad at the finish as it's another visual pin for Bianca. They gotta build her character more and maybe they'll use this to fuel her push. I just wonder how Shayna not moving up plays into tom because i know that match is going to be overbooked as hell.

This main event had it's moments but it was a neckbeard wank fest. I'm tired of both of these non selling no gimmick having midgets. Johnny has had very good matches but i feel like I've seen the extent of his powers. You can only re arrange this match so many times before its obvious. Too many superkicks, kick outs, panama destroyers. UE came out and looked like idiots. This going to lead to UE feuding with Johnny? Eventually splintering the group and ending up with Cole vs O'Reilly for the next spot right? Bleh...

Good Takeover... let's go RoH/NJPW and the 50elemn other shows im watching this weekend:mjlit:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Dream/Bro was my MOTN. :whew:
I hope IO didn't fukk up her neck on that DDT. :damn: :picard:

Main was good, but not the best Gargano match. I guess it's because he's in there with Meh Cole. :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
That's the best show i've ever seen.
I've never been invested from the first second to the last in a wrestling event before.
Every match had me at the edge of my seat from start to finish.
It felt like a season finale with a lot of defining moments : Ricochet and Black's farewell to NXT, Pete Dunne's historic reign coming to an end, the final shot with Johnny, Tomasso and Candice.

War Raiders vs Aleister Black and Ricochet : ****3/4
Matt Riddle vs Velveteen Dream : ****1/2
WALTER vs Pete Dunne : ****1/2
Shayna Baszler (c) vs Bianca Belair vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai : ****
Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano : *****

I understand that a few people had some problems with the main event but i think the superman booking works as long as the crowd is supportive of the babyface.
It didnt work with Reigns because he was getting booed, here the fans are behind Gargano so you can sell the story that he's in a zone and that he's being pushed to the limits thanks to the overwhelming support of the audience which allows him to do extraordinary things.
He's so good that at the start of the match the reaction was more in favor of Cole but at the end he turned the tables and when he won the crowd erupted.

Last edited:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Takeover over delivers again :wow: They're like 25-3. I think what sets NXT apart from regular indie spotfest stuff is when they go full nonsense like during Johnny/Cole, they entwine ridiculous moves and kick outs with character and story work so it isn't just Davey Richards thinks he's a bad ass mode. It also helps to have a full sized arena going insane instead of < 1000 people in a rec center barely reaction (IE Evolve shows). It also works in PWG because of the atmosphere and crowd. Really anything can work if the crowd is into it (IE Joey Ryan).

While Ricochet and Black got an actual send off, I have to imagine TUE is getting called up as well, what with Cole losing AGAIN ( :mjlol:) and the others 3 being relegated to Axxess and Evolve loaners, then Johnny vanquishing the entire group by himself. I definitely fear for them on the main roster, and I fear for NXT trying to replace them with like...The Forgotten Sons or some shyt.

Bianca is going to have her big moment at the Chicago or Summerslam shows and it's going to work as a big babyface moment when she finally beats Shayna.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Couldn't finish the main. Good Lord that was trash.

The beauty of peak era NXT was energy, enthusiasm, and creativity of the Indies, but filtered through logic and storytelling of the old days. It was really like watching a modern take of late 80's/early 90's NWA/WCW.

They've completely lost the fukking plot now. Every match went too long. Aside from the opening tag and the women's March, every match decolved into mindless nonsense.

To sum up how bad this shyt got for anyone confused:

Gargano kicked out of the Last Shot early in the second fall in that was supposed to be a big huge early moment, especially as they've been putting that move over as something no one has kicked out of, and the crowd didn't give a shyt.

Who is the road agenting this shyt now?

They need to have a big meeting and hit reset.

Last edited:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Yet you refuse to actually watch the stuff that would suit your tastes :francis: I give up on trying to show you how Strong Big Japan is the answer to your problems :mjcry:

It’s like fast food, it’s the convenience of it. It’s bad for you but sometimes you just want to check it out. I actually try to watch some of the stuff that you post but I just keep forgetting to. I barely even have time to watch tv these days. Life gets busier and shyt just fills up your day and you just wonder where all the time goes.

the crowd was rabid the entire time and this dude is nitpicking the specifics of the fake fighting mechanics :mjlol:

WWE main event style is the tried and true thing

I could give a shyt if the crowd liked it or not. I haven’t watched wrestling in a long time and this sucked IMO.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
While Ricochet and Black got an actual send off, I have to imagine TUE is getting called up as well, what with Cole losing AGAIN ( :mjlol:) and the others 3 being relegated to Axxess and Evolve loaners, then Johnny vanquishing the entire group by himself. I definitely fear for them on the main roster, and I fear for NXT trying to replace them with like...The Forgotten Sons or some shyt.

full