• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Tank being the face of boxing is silly imo. Canelo only like 3-4 years older than him and still has several big fights ahead of him before he retires. When Canelo is out, then Tank may be the face of boxing (although I think he loses to Shakur or Haney by then anyways). But as of now? PPVs, ticket sales, purses, belts, etc. Canelo is still the face of boxing.

And actually, I don’t think you can be the face of boxing with no belts tbh. :yeshrug:

GGG 3 + Bivol Loss hurt Canelos stock + nobody gives a fukk anout this John Ryder fight.

Canelo vs Benevidez in Jalisco Mexican Indepdence weekend woulda been the biggert fight of the year.

And when it comes to age, Canelo damn near 38-40 in boxing yEars because how early he went pro.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Whoever training Ryan gotta start at the base. Dude got bad feet and it was evident all throughout the fight. Poor footwork and poor foot placement had him lined up to eat something mean from Tank. Plus Tank took away his Plan A (only) by pretty much eliminating Garcia's lead hand with his own measuring lead hand. Had his distance down. Garcia landed a few solid rights late but couldn't put any consistent offensive attack together because that's really unfamiliar territory for him. Tank is a much better fighter than many give him credit for. There was a clear skill level difference.
when you rely on speed and athleticism to land 1 punch counters and no variety in your offensive arsenal you are going to get figure out quickly...ryan had a shytload of technical flaws....thats why this fight didnt mean anything to me..if it wasnt going to be tank, it would be another fighter that would have highlighted his issues even further...but he needs a no nonsense trainer unfortunately he might be too soft for tough love...and he is about to swim with some sharks at 140

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

Tank being the face of boxing is silly imo. Canelo only like 3-4 years older than him and still has several big fights ahead of him before he retires. When Canelo is out, then Tank may be the face of boxing (although I think he loses to Shakur or Haney by then anyways). But as of now? PPVs, ticket sales, purses, belts, etc. Canelo is still the face of boxing.

And actually, I don’t think you can be the face of boxing with no belts tbh. :yeshrug:

Are you excited for Canelo’s next fight?

At Cinnamon’s current trajectory (downward slope), his face is fading because all the biggest fights he can make, he doesn’t want to make ‘em. Swan music music is sure to follow.

Haney is garbage and I say that objectively. Haney has nothing for Tank. People who mention him do not actually watch Haney’s fights. He’s not fluid, he drops his hands when he throws power punches leaving him susceptible to counters all day (watch Linares, Jojo Diaz, and Kambosos 2 for examples), his lack of power (Tank has a chin), and low hand speed.

Shakur Stevenson is the closest to probably beating Tank but Shakur has never fought anyone at Tank’s skill level to think he’s going to jab and move for 12 rounds. Shakur got an inside game but Tank gotta better inside game because he’s smaller.

Tank and his team confirmed that Shakur is the fight to test him but coming out saying they’ll beat Tank like he’s some scrub is truly insulting. Both them won’t even talk like that.

Last edited:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who you favor in that hypothetical match up :lupe:
I favor Devin. At first it was strictly based on "styles make fights". Now seeing how Tank and his team are moving regarding the only fight that should be next, it makes me think it's bigger than skills and some doubt resides in his head and chest.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

At Cinnamon’s current trajectory (downward slope), his face is fading because all the biggest fights he can make, he doesn’t want to make ‘em because Swan music music is sure to follow.

Haney is garbage and I say that objectively. Haney has nothing for Tank. People who mention him do not actually watch Haney’s fights. He’s not fluid, he drops his hands when he throws power punches leaving him susceptible to counters all day (watch Linares, Jojo Diaz, and Kambosos 2 for examples), his lack of power (Tank has a chin), and low hand speed.

Shakur Stevenson is the closest to probably beating Tank but Shakur has never fought anyone at Tank’s skill level to think he’s going to jab and move for 12 rounds. Shakur got an inside game but Tank gotta better inside game because he’s smaller.

Tank and his team confirmed that Shakur is the fight to test him but coming out saying they’ll beat Tank like he’s some scrub is truly insulting. Both them won’t even talk like that.
Its wild its resume nikkas calling tank trash when even the nikkas they pray 5 times a day to say Tank legit

:lolbron:

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Its wild its resume nikkas calling tank trash when even the nikkas they pray 5 times a day to say Tank legit

:lolbron:
Im convinced they do not even watch their fights. They just regurgitate BS narratives to sound like they’re hardcore boxing fans.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

Real interested in what kind of numbers this fight does. All the random people that were contacting me about this fight, people who I never heard talk boxing ever, has me thinking it did good. Canelo biggest recent fight was 800k I believe if Tank did more than that I think it's fair to call him the current Face of Boxing. 800K would be more than double Tanks biggest PPV so not sure how realistic it is to think he sold that much but we'll see

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Im convinced they do not even watch their fights. They just regurgitate BS narratives to sound like they’re hardcore boxing fans.

Whats wild is Haney was amping up Ryan for clout.

I think Tank knows Shakur the only one at or near his level while he legit feels he walks through everyone else. In that one recent interview he did he was like he didnt wannna give Shakur the clout saying his name lol but when interviewer said it he was like yeah that guy, mean while he listed Loma and Haney more like hit list victims.

I think Tank knows if he knocks off Haney and Shakur, and Maybe Loma his legacy is sealed because nobody else really matters and it sounds like he wants to get them out the way then retire.

Remember when Kambosas won and they asked Tank if he wanted them belts and tank was like fukk them belts lmfao and we see them belts did nothing for Haney as he wasnt even on the p4p list after it

I legit feel its a unspoken thing thst the WBC and WBA belts are the prestigious belts.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Real interested in what kind of numbers this fight does. All the random people that were contacting me about this fight, people who I never heard talk boxing ever, has me thinking it did good. Canelo biggest recent fight was 800k I believe if Tank did more than that I think it's fair to call him the current Face of Boxing. 800K would be more than double Tanks biggest PPV so not sure how realistic it is to think he sold that much but we'll see
I'm guessing 500-600k. Tank usually does around 200-250. Ryan never been on ppv but I'm guessing with his young following he can add another 200k. Then off word of mouth and hype I could see it pushing another 100k.

But that's with 2 big names. Canelo did 500k with bivol who even boxers were saying they didn't know. Canelo alone can pull 500k out his ass. Nobody else can come close to that. Canelo is the face of boxing until he retires. Just wait until the benavidez fight. I could see that potentially hitting 1.5 with the right promo. It'll pass 1 mil with ease.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Whats wild is Haney was amping up Ryan for clout.

I think Tank knows Shakur the only one at or near his level while he legit feels he walks through everyone else. In that one recent interview he did he was like he didnt wannna give Shakur the clout saying his name lol but when interviewer said it he was like yeah that guy, mean while he listed Loma and Haney more like hit list victims.

I think Tank knows if he knocks off Haney and Shakur, and Maybe Loma his legacy is sealed because nobody else really matters and it sounds like he wants to get them out the way then retire.

Remember when Kambosas won and they asked Tank if he wanted them belts and tank was like fukk them belts lmfao and we see them belts did nothing for Haney as he wasnt even on the p4p list after it

I legit feel its a unspoken thing thst the WBC and WBA belts are the prestigious belts.
I saw both and I know what’s up.

These dudes know what’s up. That’s why they’re in here.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm guessing 500-600k. Tank usually does around 200-250. Ryan never been on ppv but I'm guessing with his young following he can add another 200k. Then off word of mouth and hype I could see it pushing another 100k.

But that's with 2 big names. Canelo did 500k with bivol who even boxers were saying they didn't know. Canelo alone can pull 500k out his ass. Nobody else can come close to that. Canelo is the face of boxing until he retires. Just wait until the benavidez fight. I could see that potentially hitting 1.5 with the right promo. It'll pass 1 mil with ease.
Oh yeah, Canelo vs Benavidez is going to be bigger than anything else in the sport for a while. Bigger than Tank vs anybody, Spence vs Crawford, Usyk vs Fury, etc, etc.

Can’t wait for that. Really hopes it happens in September. :ohlawd:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

At Cinnamon’s current trajectory (downward slope), his face is fading because all the biggest fights he can make, he doesn’t want to make ‘em. Swan music music is sure to follow.

My man just named 4 fights against former or current world champions. That's 48 rounds in which Haney MAY have lost 4 rounds combined. :martin:

You just hating to be hating at this point.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right :skip: and Rolly looked huge in that ring

Saying you think Haney will win is one thing, but saying he will Bully tank? Naw. That’s prolly the worst thing he can try to do.

They’ll be some good fights though. Haney and shakur aren’t doing the stupid shyt rolly and Ryan did in the ring.
Haney will bully Tank. Shakur would bully Tank. Hence the reason we'll continue getting a bunch of flat footed Mexicans as opponents for Tank.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
My man just named 4 fights against former or current world champions. That's 48 rounds in which Haney MAY have lost 4 rounds combined. :martin:

You just hating to be hating at this point.
I said examples. You even bolded it. He’s not nice and you didn’t disprove any of it. He’s not.

Did I lie in my analysis?

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Haney will bully Tank. Shakur would bully Tank. Hence the reason we'll continue getting a bunch of flat footed Mexicans as opponents for Tank.
Shakur himself said he wouldn’t be foolish and stand in front of Tank and duke it out.

Haney jabs and holds a lot. You’re not arguing with some guy who doesn’t watch the fights.