Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Wouldnt it be PPV Buys at the end of the day? If you have the best PPV buys shouldnt that automatically mean you have the casuals on lock and a star?
Has there been a case of a fighter having high PPV buys but casuals dont fukk with him? I'm assuming Tank sales the most PPVs?

With "big fights", it doesnt matter how big the fight is if no one wants to watch you.
Im assuming with casual buzz comes tix sales/ppv buys
tix sales is just a matter of price for some.

Im a casual btw. Probably my first time checking for a stream since flloyd's last official fight.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

This ref always does an A+ job

He deserves kudos frfr he never fukks up a match from what Ive seen

he did everything A+

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I still think tank knocks Haney out. I Just don't think Devin's chin can hold up to that power. He'll win a few rounds early. But eventually he's gonna make a fatal mistake and it's lights out. This one is a no brainer to me.

Tank vs Shakur is the one I can't call. Simply because Shakur is probably the most polished fighter in the division. Tank's whole gameplan relies hugely on his opponents making mistakes, but Shakur rarely makes mistakes. He's always in perfect position and never over extends himself. Dude is just so efficient in everything he does. But as we know, tank got that NyQuil in both hands. And shakur has never seen anybody with that combination of skill and power. It's gonna take a while for me to choose a winner. But this is the "bud vs Spence" of the division. Haney is great but I don't see him beating either one.

obviously different fighters, but I went back and rewatched Haney vs Linares and Haney was getting caught flush a bit TOO much on the low for my liking and had me thinking a couple of times "if Tank hit him with stuff flush that Linares was hitting him with.....".

Not saying he loses to Tank, I think that fight is a 50/50 fight, but I question what Haney has in his arsenal that will get him a win on the cards (cause he ain't knocking a damn soul out lol).

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Idk why Tank gets alot of hate for the rehydration clause. Most of these dudes already bigger so they have the advantage and it ain't like he don't gotta abide by the clauses himself. It just makes the fight more fair. If you gonna look like a zombie and damn near dead at 135 then you need to move up.

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Okay. :russ: :umad:

Make sure you pay for that PPV or go that fight and support it. We good off all that noise!!!

We literally watch Haney’s face block punches against Jorge Linares, Jojo Diaz, and Kambosos in the 2nd fight when he tried to get active. You’re right, though. Tank just outclassed and finished a fighter that beat Haney 3x in the amateurs. The Haneys love talking about sparring wins and loses so don’t move the goalposts.

I'll pay Full Price for Tank vs either Haney or Stevenson :salute:

But Tank got the Canelo stimulus, avoids Black Fighters :mjgrin:

How good was he in his prime? and where does he rank all time to the community?

Ian big on boxing but I saw a Joseph Vincent video on him and he made me want to get into boxing. Dude was swift as shyt and had a cool story to em.

Lomachenko was thrusted into the spotlight from the very beginning and honestly he should never be considered in P4P Rankings. He has Cherrypicked his opponents throughout his career, and has quite a few duds (Riggondeaux, Walters, Sosa, Crolla, Russell Jr.)

He's an exceptionally ordinary fighter with a ton of Amateur experience. Nothing truly stands out about him.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obviously different fighters, but I went back and rewatched Haney vs Linares and Haney was getting caught flush a bit TOO much on the low for my liking and had me thinking a couple of times "if Tank hit him with stuff flush that Linares was hitting him with.....".

Not saying he loses to Tank, I think that fight is a 50/50 fight, but I question what Haney has in his arsenal that will get him a win on the cards (cause he ain't knocking a damn soul out lol).
Haney will actually bully Tank in the ring. Tank hits harder than Devin, but he's not physically stronger than Devin. Tank will get bullied like Holyfield bullied Tyson. Devin's punch placement already makes his opponents keep their hands to themselves. If Tank thinks he can go in there and not throw punches waiting on Devin to make a mistake, it'll be the 12th round before you know it and Tank will be getting trounced on the scorecard.

Besides, looking at someone's performance from when they were 22 years old shouldn't hold that much weight. If that's the case, one can point to flat footed Mario Barrios outboxing Tank to the point Floyd was rushing to his corner to plead with him to wake up cause he's down on the unofficial cards, as an indicator that Devin would box circles around Tank.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Make sure you pay for that PPV or go that fight and support it. We good off all that noise!!!

We literally watch Haney’s face block punches against Jorge Linares, Jojo Diaz, and Kambosos in the 2nd fight when he tried to get active. You’re right, though. Tank just outclassed and finished a fighter that beat Haney 3x in the amateurs. The Haneys love talking about sparring wins and losses so don’t move the goalposts.
You're more confident than Tank is. There's a reason the entire broadcast avoided saying the word "champion" the entire night. This whole ploy was to try and switch the narrative from "champion" to "face of boxing". And I see you fell right in line for it too.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

depending on the target audience, it's casual buzz. I may not be wording it right but I do believe there's a difference between being a star WITHIN your sport and a star OUTSIDE of your sport. Like does your name move the needle outside of boxing is an indicator to me as to if you're a STAR

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Wouldnt it be PPV Buys at the end of the day? If you have the best PPV buys shouldnt that automatically mean you have the casuals on lock and a star?
Has there been a case of a fighter having high PPV buys but casuals dont fukk with him? I'm assuming Tank sales the most PPVs?

With "big fights", it doesnt matter how big the fight is if no one wants to watch you.
Im assuming with casual buzz comes tix sales/ppv buys
tix sales is just a matter of price for some.

Im a casual btw. Probably my first time checking for a stream since flloyd's last official fight.

Not really. Canelo right now sells the most ppvs but that might change after Tank/Ryan gets tallied up.

PPV buys only make sense if the fight is BIG. If not they'll usually be anywhere from 25k to 250k which doesn't necessarily mean you're a star or face of boxing. Canelo hasn't had a ppv that casuals cared about since the Plant fight which was in 2021, so ppvs aren't the best metric in every case. You can go a whole year fighting on ppv selling 300k in fights nobody cares about except for your diehard fanbase. Canelo not doing another 900k in ppvs unless he fights Benavidez so until then his ppvs don't matter.

Usually when a fight is big or significant, it starts to garner a lil mainstream/casual support regardless if the fight is on ppv or not.
Keith Thurman vs Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter were on regular ass CBS free tv and that did good ratings and had casuals hype. Damn near every group chat I was in was talking about it when it was on in real time and the next day (and these are basketball dudes, non boxing fans)

Ticket sales aren't the best metric either because that can be manipulated by promoters and managers. Let Jose Ramirez's manager tell it, dudes is a draw in California, but a tweet last week just exposed all the comps they give away for his last fight. Of course you'll pack an arena if nikkas is giving the tickets away (fight was same day as Plant/Benavidez) so you already know most people weren't going to attend like that.

Casual buzz and big fights go hand in hand. They do the best job of telling the true story organically without an agenda.

You can't fake the interest from some random nikkas on the block discussing Tank/Ryan because of their highlights on worldstar.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps

We literally watch Haney’s face block punches against Jorge Linares, Jojo Diaz, and Kambosos in the 2nd fight when he tried to get active. You’re right, though. Tank just outclassed and finished a fighter that beat Haney 3x in the amateurs. The Haneys love talking about sparring wins and losses so don’t move the goalposts.

Tank just knocked off one of the "4 kings" with such ease that people already act like Ryan wasn't a worthy fighter....If Haney did Ryan just like how Tank did him....dudes would hype that win...."Haney was poised, focused and dominating....astonishing power and timing".
But since Tank did it..."Ryan was always a bum:beli:".......Tank is a star for real :wow:

Hopefully we see Haney vs Tank before 2023 is over.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
depending on the target audience, it's casual buzz. I may not be wording it right but I do believe there's a difference between being a star WITHIN your sport and a star OUTSIDE of your sport. Like does your name move the needle outside of boxing is an indicator to me as to if you're a STAR

exactly

Crawford = boxing star
Tank = star

Usyk = boxing star
Fury = star

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im with Fannon, Haney needs to prove his weight and get popping and him beating Shakur would do that.
Trying to pawn Devin off on Shakur instead of Tank, eh? I've never seen the so called "face" of boxing get leapfrogged for a chance at undisputed for a guy whose only win at 135 was against Yoshino.