Votes: 22 12.0%
  • Garcia by decision

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
What's confusing about it? Just because they're the cash cow doesn't mean they're the best. It just means that fighting them gone get you paid.
So, to get to the cash cow…beat Shakur.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Negotiations for a match up with Tank gonna be a headache/humbling experience for folks in Stevenson and Haney camp. Who gonna wanna be the B side in all of this?

Well I can see Shakur being the one accepting being the "B side" in all of this but Haney? He took a b/s deal to get those belts, no way he gonna take whatever Tank them throw at him when he got all the belts now....right :lupe:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
So, to get to the cash cow…beat Shakur.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. He beat the champ to become the champ, TWICE. About to fight the former champ, who's number 2 in the division, and you want him to fight the number 5 guy in the division after that?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Negotiations for a match up with Tank gonna be a headache/humbling experience for folks in Stevenson and Haney camp. Who gonna wanna be the B side in all of this?

If the fights absolutely happen at 135 lbs, it shouldn't be that difficult. They know regardless of their statures that they would be the B side.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
If the fights absolutely happen at 135 lbs, it shouldn't be that difficult. They know regardless of their statures that they would be the B side.

I edited that post too to add more context to my statement:

Well I can see Shakur being the one accepting being the "B side" in all of this but Haney? He took a b/s deal to get those belts, no way he gonna take whatever Tank them throw at him when he got all the belts now....right :lupe:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I edited that post too to add more context to my statement:

You right... I can't see Devin outright accepting the deal at first glance.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re talking to someone who knows and don’t care about any of that sh1t you want to matter. This is entertainment and prizefighting. It literally keeps the lights on.

Go watch the Olympics but I guarantee you every professional boxer looks at it differently.

Bill Haney even admitted he wants the fanfare for his son.
You're lying to yourself. All that "prizefighting" and "keeping the lights on" nonsense sounds foolish unless you're getting some of the prize or your lights are being kept on by Tank's career. No one remembers the PPV numbers or how much Hagler and Hearns purse was. I guess the last undisputed lightweight champion (Pernell) career was a wash cause he didn't knock people out and wasn't a PPV star. It don't matter how big of a star Tyson was, he still got in the ring with his contemporaries like Lennox and Evander. So at what point have you jumped off the "boxing fan" ride and settled for watching on IG to see what car Tank bought with his prize money?

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Idk why Tank gets alot of hate for the rehydration clause. Most of these dudes already bigger so they have the advantage and it ain't like he don't gotta abide by the clauses himself. It just makes the fight more fair. If you gonna look like a zombie and damn near dead at 135 then you need to move up.
@Loose gone hate on that but thats facts

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I do think promotion is what it all boils down to.

I know folks who don't fool w/boxing asking me what I thought about Tank vs Garcia in the lead up to the fight. They are sports fans who hit me with the "I wanna get back into watching boxing" type of folks too and they generally know Tank and Wilder as the American boxer they first think of.

Knockouts and promotion I guess

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually, no. Haney isn’t nice with awful punching technique and fluidity.

However, as long as I am paying and is satisfied. I can pop my ish. You Haney fans are in a Tank thread trying convince Tank supporters (folks that spend money) to force a fight with y’all dude to get some shine. Haney was a Stan at a TANK fight. How b1tchmade is that? Tank and Ryan appreciate the money, though. He wasn’t even acknowledged or noticed in the sea of stars.
And that's where you lost me. Nobody trying to convince you of anything. I'm just calling out how fighting Haney all of sudden brings out the moisture in his fanbase. Listen to how you respond. Ryan isn't nice with awful punching technique and fluidity. Didn't stop him from getting the fight.

And the fact that you think two black competitors can't support the others event speaks more about you than anything. Hagler had a front row seat to Leonard's "retirement" announcement. Tarver was at Roy vs Ruiz. Spence attended Crawford vs Porter. How about you grow up and ascend above goofy Stan Wars?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
nikka we rich fukk them hoe ass belts

Lmfaooo the damn undisputed champ in crowd to see the face of boxing

Lmfaoooo wtf
Them belts dont seem to matter if you the people's champ and they will to pay see you :manny:
From reading the thread it seems like Shakur/Haney should be ready to fight Tank to take his fans :jbhmm:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
As somebody who has boxed..I agree with your first sentence

When ppl use how much they spend on boxing when it comes to boxing arguments I'm just adding on to the Cypher:pachaha:

I'm here because I'm a true high level consumer of boxing....and there are like minded ppl who share similar takes I hold. Simple lol

This is the most @patscorpio response ever. This is how he introduces himself at Starbucks:russ:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, n1gga. Wtf!?!? Has to get himself hot! Tank doesn’t owe Haney a darn thing. Shakur is his WBC mandatory anyways. It’s either he moves up to 140 or it will be activated.
Hahaha.....this is why folks think Tank scared. His fanbase literally twists themselves into a pretzel trying to avoid Devin. The youngest undisputed champion in history, that resides in his weight class, has to get himself hot, but a non English speaking Pitbull Cruz with no hardware and name, can get the fight on 2 weeks notice? What did Pitbull say outta his mouth to the buying public to help sell the fight? What did Hector Garcia say outta his mouth to sell the fight? Somehow, Devin the one that has to get "hot" tho?!?! Yall scared.