[4/17/24] AEW Dynamite - Dynasty go home show: Elite vs. Red Death Triangle; Claudio vs. Bruv; Hear from Samoa Joe, Swerve, Moxley

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Just ate a spoiler thanks to Facebook. Are you telling me that

Ruby Soho and Angelo Parker were actually dating, and they are about to have a child? That seemed like the most awkward, unnatural love storyline in the history of wrestling? :dead:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
So they are airing Rampage after Collision this Saturday. Collision will be live, but Rampage was apparently taped last night. That's going to be weird, why not just do a live Rampage instead of going with a live feed for two hours then switching to a taped feed for an hour?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Just ate a spoiler thanks to Facebook. Are you telling me that

Ruby Soho and Angelo Parker were actually dating, and they are about to have a child? That seemed like the most awkward, unnatural love storyline in the history of wrestling? :dead:
That commitment to kayfabe :banderas:

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Thought this was a decent show.

Ospreay and Claudio was great. Mercedes finally did something that made sense to her character. And Swerve and Joe got some high key chemistry building. That match is gonna be :damn:

Imma need The Elite in one of these meta segments to russle TK's hair like a child or some shyt because otherwise he looks like part of the stable.

We could've had fukkery and bangers weekly but TK I guess is not built for that life :francis:

Show is missing something tho.

I think TK needs to find a way to weave storylines and feuds together so the show doesn't feel so broken up.
Scott D'Amore is missing

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I don’t understand the bytching. Yeah, it wasn’t a great show, and it had its unnecessary filler (Jericho and women’s match), but it had positives (Joe/Swerve ending, main event, trios match).

There have only been a few Dynamites this year that were just decent. Everything else has been solid to good. Yall bytch too much. It’s sports entertainment, not a movie trying to win an academy award. :russell:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Enjoyed it overall more than last week - decent set up to the big show, but honestly I would've done the Swerve and Joe spots from this week and last week the other way round. This was cool, but last week had the energy you WANT going into a PPV.

OsGOAT Vs Claudio was just a couple of beast workers doing beast worker things. Countering the swing into the winning sequence was Owen level shyt.

Mercedes is a heel, we just don't 'know' it yet. Julia didn't jump her, but she might get CEO'd out of her title so Mercedes can line up the shot on Willow.

Mox has been as big as a wrestler can be outside of the WWE ecosystem for a minute but he keeps pushing that ceiling up and up. That IWGP belt still looks like it belongs on a Diva though. :dame:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand the bytching. Yeah, it wasn’t a great show, and it had its unnecessary filler (Jericho and women’s match), but it had positives (Joe/Swerve ending, main event, trios match).

There have only been a few Dynamites this year that were just decent. Everything else has been solid to good. Yall bytch too much. It’s sports entertainment, not a movie trying to win an academy award. :russell:
All the complaining is why I tapped out on the thread after like 15 minutes. Not dealing with a bunch of dumbasses bytching during a fairly decent show just because every second of it wasn’t perfect.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
All the complaining is why I tapped out on the thread after like 15 minutes. Not dealing with a bunch of dumbasses bytching during a fairly decent show just because every second of it wasn’t perfect.
Dudes wanna act like the E is delivering compelling storylines for every feud. The only thing people gave a fukk about leading up to Mania was Cody and Rock, and all that shyt was unexpected since it was outside the ropes that fueled the storyline. Everything else was whatever. NXT had the better setups for their feuds than the main brand imo.