31 Days Of Halloween: The Official Film Room Horror Movie Watch Thread

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Does anyone remember when The Blair Witch Project came out and everyone swore up & down that the whole thing was real and what you were watching was the last days of three hiker's lives on screen? That was twenty years ago. I didn't see it in theater, but I remember everyone telling me it was the scariest film of all time, so I rented it the week that it came out at Blockbuster (:rip:) on VHS (:rip:) and being like "This shyt isn't scary at all. :unimpressed:"

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I've been on a random 1980s horror movie kick the last few days. So far I've watched Society (got an urge to watch it after reading the interview @MartyMcFly did with that guy who made a 80s horror doc) and Leviathan (great cast, awesome Stan Winston practical effects but a dreadful script and direction).
Think I'm gonna check out Chopping Mall next.

Daps
I watched Sinister 2.

That first kid’s family murder with them hanging upside down with bags over their heads over water, and alligators jumping up to bite them was

:mjtf:

Then the head dead kid with the rats eating his family’s insides.

:damn:

How do people even come up with those kind of murders.

The lawn mower from the first one got to me too.

:sadbron:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Does anyone remember when The Blair Witch Project came out and everyone swore up & down that the whole thing was real and what you were watching was the last days of three hiker's lives on screen? That was twenty years ago. I didn't see it in theater, but I remember everyone telling me it was the scariest film of all time, so I rented it the week that it came out at Blockbuster (:rip:) on VHS (:rip:) and being like "This shyt isn't scary at all. :unimpressed:"
Yes, the most overhyped disappointment in horror history imo. I was not scared or impressed. I guess the sense of dread and the anxiety, stress of being lost in a forest with no way out, was supposed to be terrifying. The only scare was the end when dude was facing the wall. That started the era of "found footage" movies, there are several of those that were actually more scarier and more believable, than Blair Witch.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've been on a random 1980s horror movie kick the last few days. So far I've watched Society (got an urge to watch it after reading the interview @MartyMcFly did with that guy who made a 80s horror doc) and Leviathan (great cast, awesome Stan Winston practical effects but a dreadful script and direction).
Breh leviathan is wild as fukk. I did a double feature with deep star six and it was back to back fukkery although leviathan is much more fukkery

You just inspired me to watch maximum overdrive tonight :wow:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Psh maybe it’s cause I was 12 but that shyt had me shook lol. Even now it’s effective. It doesn’t scare me anymore but I think it still works. Now I didn’t believe it was “real” especially since the three actors were on the daily show a week or two after the movie dropped but I fukked with it and still do

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I watched Sinister 2.

That first kid’s family murder with them hanging upside down with bags over their heads over water, and alligators jumping up to bite them was

that movie...yeah not very good. First one? Great.

The writer has a podcast I listen to. Junk food cinema

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched Sinister 2.

Sinister 2 was blahhhh.. forgettable. Sinister 1 was intense. a lot of horror movie murders are inspired by real life murders and deaths. For example, Texas Chainsaw - Ed Gein, Wolf Creek - a serial killer in Australia who kidnapped people and tortured them; American Horror Story - Coven, inspired by Madame LaLaurie who killed and tortured slaves in her New Orleans house. Nightmare on Elm Street inspired by an incident in China where children were dying in their sleep. etc etc. Hostel - sex trafficking and organ harvesting. There was this show that used to come on in the 80s, "Faces of Death" -people die or get killed in the most gruesome of ways - horror imitates real life at times.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Breh leviathan is wild as fukk. I did a double feature with deep star six and it was back to back fukkery although leviathan is much more fukkery

You just inspired me to watch maximum overdrive tonight :wow:
Leviathan definitely was the better of the two "Underwater Alien Knock-Offs" from 1989.

And I think I might check out Maximum Overdrive this weekend too. It's been a while since I have watched it.

Daps

The scene in the tent with the sound of the kids and whatever that was hitting the tent scared me.

:hubie:

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Watched Chopping Mall last year... extremely 80s, the cover art had me thinking the robots were gonna be cooler than they actually were though. Not horrible but not amazing. Good boobs though :patrice: