31 Days Of Halloween: The Official Film Room Horror Movie Watch Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
sub

Watched 'I Trapped The Devil"... not bad to me but alot of people will hate this, it's a slow burn flick where pretty much nothing happens for the whole movie, even when shyt does happen, it's kind of "meh". The tension and suspense works well for the most part surrounding the mystery but the great acting is what carries the film for the most part. This is a flick where you can see the director and crew did the best they could with what they had...

Also finally caught Brightburn...it was aiight, would have worked better if things built up to him learning his strengths, etc.

I've been trying to hear more takes on I Trapped the Devil for a while. I enjoyed it a lot as a low budget, quick hitter puzzle of a movie. I'd thrown this up in the official horror threat speaking on it.
It's all tension building to a concluding pay off, kinda how I'd categorize "They look like people." But this one is self contained to a house, so very limited setting. It worked for me because of the mystery and tension in every conversation, plus some really cool shots and direction overall with a pretty short run time. I'd be curious to hear some of your reactions.

Completely co-sign the fact that the acting and direction really carry the movie. Small setting, very little action but great performances, shots and editing combine with the short run time to make it a quality watch imo.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
List of Top 10 Wes Craven movies-
lol.. I forgot about Shocker:ooh: @Flex Grossman , I have another entry nom.

01:04 #10. “Scream 2” (1997)
02:06 #9. “Red Eye” (2005)
03:01 #8. “SCRE4M” (2011)
03:59 #7. “The Serpent and the Rainbow” (1988)
05:14 #6. “The Last House on the Left” (1972)
06:29 #5. “The People Under the Stairs” (1991)
07:40 #4. “Wes Craven’s New Nightmare” (1994)
08:47 #3, #2, #1 ????

Last edited:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I had a chance to watch I Trapped the Devil last night. I was really blown away by it. I saw a Chris Stuckmann review of it where he said that the crew only had 9 days to shoot, which is crazy that they were able to film this in such a short window. I enjoyed the use of lighting and small space, I’m assuming it was a necessity due to how short the window to film was but it really added the sense of claustrophobia and unease of the situation. The acting was great, the lead really carried the movie. I thought they did a great job at making you guess if he really did capture the devil, or if he had just gone mad. If I had to nitpick, I might’ve preferred a more ambiguous ending, but that aside I really dug this

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I had a chance to watch I Trapped the Devil last night. I was really blown away by it. I saw a Chris Stuckmann review of it where he said that the crew only had 9 days to shoot, which is crazy that they were able to film this in such a short window. I enjoyed the use of lighting and small space, I’m assuming it was a necessity due to how short the window to film was but it really added the sense of claustrophobia and unease of the situation. The acting was great, the lead really carried the movie. I thought they did a great job at making you guess if he really did capture the devil, or if he had just gone mad. If I had to nitpick, I might’ve preferred a more ambiguous ending, but that aside I really dug this

I'm hype to see heads catching and enjoying this ish, I really liked the approach. The one thing about going Masters of Horror with the big monthly list is it left me unable to throw on two flicks I REALLY want to here from others about. One was I Trapped the Devil and the other was Black Mountainside. I caught 'em both recently and really took interest in whether other people would agree. You're not the first person I've seen mention that ambiguity at the ending could have been a boost; I'm still 50/50 on that bit personally.

I liked the aesthetic of the reveal a lot, but I do think leaving the question up to the viewers would have been a road to some extremely fun conversations and plot explorations.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Exorcist 3 tonight. I want book reports :russ:

there are two out of this world cameos in this flick. If you see them, make sure to point them out
I still haven't finished watching :francis:That shyt spooked me out, and I don't get scared easy- I have to be honest.:hubie: No one has been home to watch it with me and my so-called friends act all scary so until that comes together, it's not happening. It's amazing how I can watch any other horror movies ever, but Exorcist nahhhh.
:beli:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I still haven't finished watching :francis:That shyt spooked me out, and I don't get scared easy- I have to be honest.:hubie: No one has been home to watch it with me and my so-called friends act all scary so until that comes together, it's not happening. It's amazing how I can watch any other horror movies ever, but Exorcist nahhhh.
:beli:
I think joe bob might air it on his Halloween special. Invite your people over :russ:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I'm hype to see heads catching and enjoying this ish, I really liked the approach. The one thing about going Masters of Horror with the big monthly list is it left me unable to throw on two flicks I REALLY want to here from others about. One was I Trapped the Devil and the other was Black Mountainside. I caught 'em both recently and really took interest in whether other people would agree. You're not the first person I've seen mention that ambiguity at the ending could have been a boost; I'm still 50/50 on that bit personally.

I liked the aesthetic of the reveal a lot, but I do think leaving the question up to the viewers would have been a road to some extremely fun conversations and plot explorations.

That’s the biggest thing that would benefit a film like this to me, is the conversation and plot exploration that comes after a watch that might even necessitate a rewatch. Especially considering that this was an indie film that released literally the same day as Infinity War, so word of mouth is so big for a film like this. Which is something you lose making it a definitive ending imo.
If I had to, I would’ve cut to black in that final scene where the second cop opens the door and the girl skips out. I liked that, and understood the intention behind it, but I also think it might’ve served the narrative better if you didn’t see anyone exit so when he opens the door, the movie just ends. It’d leave you even uneasier after viewing it and ramp up the discussion and debate on whether or not there was anyone at all, or if it was all a delusion.
But in any case I was impressed by how much they were able to accomplish with so little, in addition to the acting and cinematography