Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
@Flex Grossman I want to add a Cronenberg movie but I'm torn between two choices...

Scanners vs VideoDrome

Hey regulars and lurkers....help me pick. And leave the Fly outta this, I want something at least a bit more obscure.
Scanners is way better to me. Some people love videodrome but I’m not crazy about it despite its ambitious vision...

I have never seen Rabid or Shivers, might be worth it for some of us to check it out?

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Had never seen Body Bags and the combo of Hooper and Carpenter got me buying in out the gate, so I checked that one out fast. I'm a sucker for a good anthology series and this one was...decent. Straight out the gate, Carpenter sets the tone at the defacto Crypt Keeper (Morgue Keeper?) with a sense of humor that slips into damn near the whole movie. It's three horror stories each with some familiar faces and wild scenarios that blend scares with laughs...especially the second story about a man getting hair treatment. The stories themselves are a mixed bag. The Gas Station is the best blending of the humor and the horror, my favorite of the trio. Hair was too ridiculous of a premise to be anything but comedic. Then Eye was the most serious of the bunch from start to finish, plus had a really fun performance from Mark Hamill. Matter of fact, fun is the best way to put this joint. It's not scary, it's gory and wild and funny but rarely does it actually hit scare mode except for the early vibe of the Gas Station plot. But if you're okay just having fun with horror elements, then this movie is entertaining. The cast all seem like they're enjoying themselves hamming it up; the plots play on familiar horror set ups but still have a fun spin on them; and you've got John Carpenter playing an undead morgue zombie dancing around the bodybags and looking for stories to share...it's a good time.

It's a 3/5 for me off the humor and the cameos being great but if you just want to be scared, I'd say look elsewhere.

For another fun anthology that aims more toward the scary side, I'd suggest Southbound. David Bruckner's part in that anthology is REALLY great.
Glad you checked it out. I love this movie despite its silliness lol

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Scanners is way better to me. Some people love videodrome but I’m not crazy about it despite its ambitious vision...

I have never seen Rabid or Shivers, might be worth it for some of us to check it out?

Haven't seen either of those two myself, I'm curious about 'em too now that you bring them up.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Just finished "Body Double", watched in 2013, and I liked it, but appreciate it so much more now, it's kind of a masterpeice. The direction, the music, the homages to Hitchcock, the classic LA shots, the late night thriller plot, I loved it. I would consider it counting as horror, it has vampires, a menacing "Indian", a drill bit murder, a buried alive scene, a vampire bat.

1. Definition of Fear
2. From Dusk Til Dawn
3. In the Tall Grass
4. Body Double

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Wrong Turn
I cant remember exactly which one ot was (cause theres like 100 of them shyts).
But man, the one where they had buddy buried up to his neck on the football field and mutant homie ran his head off with the big mower...

:francis:

That whole scene freaks me out just thinking about it.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
I cant remember exactly which one ot was (cause theres like 100 of them shyts).
But man, the one where they had buddy buried up to his neck on the football field and mutant homie ran his head off with the big mower...

:francis:

That whole scene freaks me out just thinking about it.
Oh that was the 5th one. :heh: Wrong Turn: Bloodlines

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
sub

Watched 'I Trapped The Devil"... not bad to me but alot of people will hate this, it's a slow burn flick where pretty much nothing happens for the whole movie, even when shyt does happen, it's kind of "meh". The tension and suspense work well for the most part surrounding the mystery but the acting is what carries the fillm. This is a flick where you can see the director and crew did the best they could with what they had...

Also finally caught Brightburn...it was aiight, would have worked better if things built up to him learning his strengths, etc.

Last edited: