3/28 Showtime Championship Boxing (Official Thread) + Dan Vs. Brook (IBF welterweight title fight)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Bu-bu-but he really wants to fight AB, he's not playing this time:mjcry:

@ChocolateGiddyUp @merklman :stopitslime:

And this the nikka yall keep riding with? The dude who's talking about fighting and dragging up another 140lber in Chris Algieri???:dahell:

#BandCamp

:aboutbillions:

Tf I get tagged for...where did I ride for Khan??:stopitslime:

All I did was post a video of Khan saying hell fight AB at 147

If your boy don't want to fight Welterweights at 147 then dont call out Welterweights :beli:

Neither one of them nikkas going fight anybody worth a damn next anyways...Haymon stay protecting them both

Khan won't face a nikka with power

N the 3 division Champion has had 3 fights at 140 N the toughest opp been Emmanuel Taylor :scust:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Never seen a Gonzalez fight outside of Mares...but Russ made him look like a clubfighter...where as he looked like prime Foreman against Mares:ehh:

All that coli cash @patscorpio left on the table
JqZEewq.png

jhonny gonzalez is a notorious hot and cold fighter..unless you really fukk with him he's a gambling nightmare..he's one of the few fighters i wont put real money on no matter the odds

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
jhonny gonzalez is a notorious hot and cold fighter..unless you really fukk with him he's a gambling nightmare..he's one of the few fighters i wont put real money on no matter the odds

For real, dude is like the Mexican Zab. Whenever you think he should win, he'll turn around and lose. Then once you think he's finished and will lose, he'll turn around and brutalize a top 10 p4p guy. :snoop:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Interesting night of fighting.

Brook continues to look incredibly solid. Is it me (only watched the last two Brook fights), but it seems like his punches don't always land real clean or accurately. Anyways, he looks solid and a formidable fighter at 147. Would love to see him vs. Khan or Thurman.

Charlo...who was it here that said they weren't impressed with the Charlo's? I am wondering what Jermell's ceiling is...he doesn't appear to have a lot of pop in his punches, his output wasn't great, and he definitely struggled when pressured or when forced to increase his own work rate.
That said, he still was pretty decent against a quality opponent. I scored the fight a draw, but could see it going 1 round either way (but would have leaned towards Charlo if we are picking a winner).
Martirosyan did not do a lot of things I think would have won him the fight. I was surprised how quick his jab was and was pretty effective - but mostly seemed to throw it in reaction to Charlo's as a counter. He also looked really good going to the body. His explanation at the end didn't make sense that he went away from the body because the fight wasn't 12 rounds. Maybe it wouldn't have worn Charlo down, but they were effective scoring blows that he never replaced with head shots when he quit throwing to the body.
It looked like if he went inside a bit more and made it a rougher fight, he could have really gained an advantage and outworked Charlo. But I haven't seen much of Martirosyan to know if that is not his style.

I also struggled on deciding to pick on Russell vs. Gonzalez. I decided on Russell because of his speed and boxing ability. Wow, Russell looked impressive. He mixed it up a bit and showed his chin is respectable and when he throws with conviction, has good power. Obviously he has a bright future and I would love to see him in quality matchups.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
its amazing that only a few of us could see that gary russell is a high caliber fighter of championship quality

:whoa:

Let's be honest, he was destroyed easily by Vasyl Lomachenko in his 1st fight against a top 10 ranked opponent. No way anyone, besides a super fan of his, could still tout Gary Russell Jr as a "high caliber fighter of championship quality" after that performance. Now, yes, he just destroyed Jhonny Gonzalez, but like @LauderdaleBoss said and you agreed with...Gonzalez is similar to a Mexican Zab Judah.

I still dont believe in Gary Russell Jr as much as you and TheNig do, but he has the talent, it seems, to maybe be what you say he is. I just need another clear win over a Top 5-10 opponent to be comfortable in that statement.

Also, that Loma fight needs to be revisited by GRJ if he's gonna ever be at the top of Featherweight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:whoa:

Let's be honest, he was destroyed easily by Vasyl Lomachenko in his 1st fight against a top 10 ranked opponent. No way anyone, besides a super fan of his, could still tout Gary Russell Jr as a "high caliber fighter of championship quality" after that performance. Now, yes, he just destroyed Jhonny Gonzalez, but like @LauderdaleBoss said and you agreed with...Gonzalez is similar to a Mexican Zab Judah.

I still dont believe in Gary Russell Jr as much as you and TheNig do, but he has the talent, it seems, to maybe be what you say he is. I just need another clear win over a Top 5-10 opponent to be comfortable in that statement.

Also, that Loma fight needs to be revisited by GRJ if he's gonna ever be at the top of Featherweight.

the same with Loma breh..he should get Salido back in the ring and run that back

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
the same with Loma breh..he should get Salido back in the ring and run that back

I agree. Loma needs to run that back as well. He cant talk down on Rigo or GRJ when Salido is walking around like :smugbiden::umad: after giving him a lesson in Professional Boxing 101