2Chainz says that being a successful rapper is dangerous

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
I could listen to Kurtis Blow rap about basketball, and be just as entertained as hearing a breh talk about all the times he had to sell crack to put food on the table.
Not every movie needs to be Goodfellas, there's room for some Airbud in there. :mjgrin:
that one girl went viral for bytch imma cow. so anything can be a hit song as far as i'm concerned.
Poat is bullshyt. E40's son made an album about tea and got clowned from hell to heaven. And nobody's giving a fukk about what doja cat is rapping about if she ain't showing titties n ass. People want to be entertained at tha end of tha day.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
you put out negative energy and it
will envelope you.
you can't rap about bangin/killing and
pumping drugs and not expect to have
your temperature checked.

vHgYOwi.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Dre been good

Cube been good

ice t living good

e-40 been good

Nas and Jay doing good

Kendrick Lamar and Jay Cole straight

Drake straight

He just a eazy lic for people and probably don’t have the right security around him who could be trusted and the right circle

Drakes getting extorted bro.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
You ain’t have, now you have it and want to shine it in everyone’s face. What many forget is there was many others who ain’t have it and still don’t have it, and now see you flexin.

no one should be surprised these rappers get tested

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
It's because they have, and show, money while being famous. They just attract more street people then others because hip hop came from the streets from day one. It was started by gang members, so what do you think is gonna happen?

Just to be a dj back in the day you needed some protection from stick up kids taking your equipment. All genres have robbers, but those type usually are extotionist like the mob, so it ain't a whole bunch of them. For nikkas in street gangs, they come by the tons!

As long as you know how to move, you won't be seen until you want to, but it's still hard because if youre a famous street rapper, people will always know where you're at, even white people. If you just keep it famous to black people, you can hide easier.

Being a SUPERSTAR is for the birds, small fame is where it's at!

If being a SUPERSTAR is for the birds what abut Jay-Z, Nas, etc, etc?

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Why can’t you just be a rapper who’s in it for the love of the art?? Why is there so much bull shyt attached to it??

not even blaming rappers. No matter what you do and how much you contribute to the community there are some dudes at your head. shyt fukking sucks yo.
You can. Plenty of so called “square” and “corny” rappers out there. I don’t hear about Hopsin needing some next level security. Don’t talk that gang shyt if you don’t want that gang shyt.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
A teacher I used to work with said the same thing happens with athletes. But he brought up an interesting perspective.

He said their money grows but oftentimes their circle doesn’t evolve with their career.
He mentioned that you not supposed to act brand new and automatically leave everybody in ur past behind, but he said he’d seen a lot of athletes carry people into their new life who weren’t worth a damn in the first place.

I couldn’t see it, but he said a lot of these set ups be inside jobs.

My ass over there looking at him like :picard:
Imagine becoming successful, doing the right thing and bringing ur crew on, and then having the people u put on, FUKK U OVER?!

I expect shyt from strangers. But ur Day 1s?! Who u helped?! shyt hurts just thinking about it.

But yeah, apparently sometimes it ain’t outsiders coming for you, but the people in ur own house.
:wow:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
This is why rappers who talk tough when they aren’t living it need to motivate others and switch up what they are rapping about. I’m a fan of hardcore stuff, motivational hip hop along with the conscious stuff too. All the gangsta stuff ain’t really that great either unless it’s a balance of aggressiveness along with some knowledge and humor to it.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
The streets and grimey nikkas ruined rap and they always been a part of it but now it's just too much bullshyt going on tbh.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Funny how it’s always the rappers who glorify the streets saying this

J Cole, Kendrick, and the "lame" rappers that dont spit negative energy, never have these problems. Always the rappers harping on negativity AFTER getting rich, in these problems. The ones that chase clout.

I don't see Nas getting into trouble.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Being a rapper isn't dangerous, growing up in that lifestyle and maintaining it and making that all you ever rap about is. Ain't nobody shooting at chance, Gambino, Isiah Rashad, ab soul, Mick Jenkins, black milk, curren$y, Earl sweatshirt, etc. But unfortunately the way this evil society is if nikkas wanted to stop rapping about hood shyt and switch to other content their fans would drop them and stop supporting

The key is NOT TO EVEN START, IN THE FIRST PLACE. Kinda like why most people don't do hard drugs.