2Chainz says that being a successful rapper is dangerous

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yall really get delusional over this topic

Was biggie moving stupid when he was murdered in LA or did someone just put a bag on a famous rapper's head while he was out there for an awards show??

Yes, he was unfortunately. That album release party should have never been out there with how the media fanned the flames of an East vs West beef post Pac's murder.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
We not talking about biggie....we talkin bout Pop Smoke nikka.....and was Tupac movin stupid, yes....and so was a bunch of other artists I’ll miss, I wasn’t sayin all rappers make bad decisions....but a lot of them do and hip hop doesn’t have anything to do with that
Throwing an air bnb party and posting the location was ONLY a bad decision because he was an upcoming RAPPER

If he was Bashar the electrician throwing an aribnb party, the odds of him being MURDERED after it go WAY down

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Yes, he was unfortunately. That album release party should have never been out there with how the media fanned the flames of an East vs West beef post Pac's murder.
And to an extent this is true also....puffy d dot that whole camp was dumb for goin back out there so soon, and while that may not have been biggies direct decision....it certainly wasn’t rap or hip hop’s......it was that camps dumb ass decision......workin with the crips was dumb too

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
And to an extent this is true also....puffy d dot that whole camp was dumb for goin back out there so soon, and while that may not have been biggies direct decision....it certainly wasn’t rap or hip hop’s......it was that camps dumb ass decision......workin with the crips was dumb too
Again, biggie would have had 0 issues going out there if he was Chris the plumber on vacation

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Throwing an air bnb party and posting the location was ONLY a bad decision because he was an upcoming RAPPER

If he was Bashar the electrician throwing an aribnb party, the odds of him being MURDERED after it go WAY down
But he ain’t bashar, he pop...and he knew he had enemies and he knew stealing that car was reckless........but he was cool wit it cuz he was on Demon Time.....like ynm melly, another great decision maker

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Again, biggie would have had 0 issues going out there if he was Chris the plumber on vacation
True....but we don’t know the entire back story of that beef.....we do know that puffy and biggie enlisted the crisps because of their oppositions ties to the bloods....all bad decisions......

and if puff knew somethin about what happened at quad studio.....the whole thing is a bunch of dumb decisions coming to a head.....but is that raps fault

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
But he ain’t bashar, he pop...and he knew he had enemies and he knew stealing that car was reckless........but he was cool wit it cuz he was on Demon Time.....like ynm melly, another great decision maker
And thats the problem, rappers feeling like they need to put on a certain persona to "make it"

A lot of these rappers out here are method actors

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
True....but we don’t know the entire back story of that beef.....we do know that puffy and biggie enlisted the crisps because of their oppositions ties to the bloods....all bad decisions......

and if puff knew somethin about what happened at quad studio.....the whole thing is a bunch of dumb decisions coming to a head.....but is that raps fault
Im talking more about the culture AROUND rap, not really rap directly

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Im talking more about the culture AROUND rap, not really rap directly
But that’s what I’m sayin, the culture around rap is more and more violent street culture because artists ain’t gettin the bag like that to start anymore so they still be affiliated with there past dealings until the rap bag is enough to really walk away.

but Krs, common, lupe, kanye etc all livin and coolin....cuz hip hop is a viable place to have a career and feed ya fam for life......but who you are personally is gonna play its part.

stack bundles killed on some street shyt

Chinx killed on some street/jail beef

doe b killed on some street shyt

etc etc.,

all these nikkas be gettin got tryna get out the street to hip hop or cuz what they did in street before hip hop.......when a genres talent come from where we come from these stories gonna be told

Nip never should of been that big and chillin on slauson....wit killers he got beef wit to run up......smart dude, bad decision, gang shyt not hip hop shyt tho

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
In a movie we know the actor is acting, Rap music has always been a reflection of self.

Acting is defined by inauthenticity--the ability to adopt a different persona and character with different motivations--while hip-hop is defined by authenticity; how "real" a rapper is.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
But that’s what I’m sayin, the culture around rap is more and more violent street culture because artists ain’t gettin the bag like that to start anymore so they still be affiliated with there past dealings until the rap bag is enough to really walk away.

but Krs, common, lupe, kanye etc all livin and coolin....cuz hip hop is a viable place to have a career and feed ya fam for life......but who you are personally is gonna play its part.

stack bundles killed on some street shyt

Chinx killed on some street/jail beef

doe b killed on some street shyt

etc etc.,

all these nikkas be gettin got tryna get out the street to hip hop or cuz what they did in street before hip hop.......when a genres talent come from where we come from these stories gonna be told

Nip never should of been that big and chillin on slauson....wit killers he got beef wit to run up......smart dude, bad decision, gang shyt not hip hop shyt tho

Yeah but there are a lot of rappers that dont start in on any street/gang activity until after they become rappers

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Yeah but there are a lot of rappers that dont start in on any street/gang activity until after they become rappers
Only artists I can think of like that is lil wayne....cuz he was really too young to be on it like that from the jump.....and Tek69......but if they do then they cap/studio G’s.....

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
nikkas wanna spend they whole career rapping bout how they richer than regular nikkas, threaten to kill mo nikkas than the kkk, talk about how they will fukk a nikka's bytch, say disrespectful shyt about nikkas baby moms and just talk about violence all day

Then when they get killed everybody like:picard::mindblown:

"why did this happen?:damn: people always hating and can't see some1 be successful:why:. RIP young king! :deadmanny:"

thought u was jokin RIP to breh ... this just some random lyrics i looked up... :mjtf:

“Think about Robbin me, you gon catch a full clip”

nikkas always talkin' hot and runnin' they mouth
Until I kick down they door and run in they house
Have they mother on the floor with the gun in her mouth
Like what's that shyt up on the 'net your son was talkin' 'bout?
I put that on my son that I'ma take it there
'Cause when you come from where I come from, I ain't playin fair
My lil' homie die and I ain't drop a tear

It's Big 092MLBOA (Uh), I make a call and it's war
I bet I kick down the door, I bet I send him to the Lord, uh

Don't let that Henny in my system (Nah)
I catch a body, next day I forget it (Next day I forget it)
nikka, Dread just caught a body (nikka, Dread just caught a body)

And that's on the gang, nikka, I was just with him, look
Free all my rilla nikkas, all my villain nikkas
All my killer nikkas out the cage

Since a youngin, nikka, I been drillin' nikkas
Ma, I'm sorry I'm stuck up in my ways