2Chainz says that being a successful rapper is dangerous

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
A teacher I used to work with said the same thing happens with athletes. But he brought up an interesting perspective.

He said their money grows but oftentimes their circle doesn’t evolve with their career.
He mentioned that you not supposed to act brand new and automatically leave everybody in ur past behind, but he said he’d seen a lot of athletes carry people into their new life who weren’t worth a damn in the first place.

I couldn’t see it, but he said a lot of these set ups be inside jobs.

My ass over there looking at him like :picard:
Imagine becoming successful, doing the right thing and bringing ur crew on, and then having the people u put on, FUKK U OVER?!

I expect shyt from strangers. But ur Day 1s?! Who u helped?! shyt hurts just thinking about it.

But yeah, apparently sometimes it ain’t outsiders coming for you, but the people in ur own house.
:wow:
Friend or Foe

You just will never know
Who to trust
In a world that’s o so cold

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Ice Cube, Kam and Solo were all cool and they fell out for whatever reason and Solo beat him up. Industry shyt!!!

Eazy E and Suge never touched Dre. Dre left both and went on make nearly billions. And they were mad about INDUSTRY shyt!!!

:dwillhuh: Suge is doing a life sentence, with the highest bail set in history because of looking for Dr Dre :dwillhuh:

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
:dwillhuh: Suge is doing a life sentence, with the highest bail set in history because of looking for Dr Dre :dwillhuh:
And is beef with Dre is what? Industry shyt. Has Dre ever said him and nikkas was gonna rundown on Suge and do him filthy? No! So cut the dumbshyt

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
A teacher I used to work with said the same thing happens with athletes. But he brought up an interesting perspective.

He said their money grows but oftentimes their circle doesn’t evolve with their career.
He mentioned that you not supposed to act brand new and automatically leave everybody in ur past behind, but he said he’d seen a lot of athletes carry people into their new life who weren’t worth a damn in the first place.

I couldn’t see it, but he said a lot of these set ups be inside jobs.

My ass over there looking at him like :picard:
Imagine becoming successful, doing the right thing and bringing ur crew on, and then having the people u put on, FUKK U OVER?!

I expect shyt from strangers. But ur Day 1s?! Who u helped?! shyt hurts just thinking about it.

But yeah, apparently sometimes it ain’t outsiders coming for you, but the people in ur own house.
:wow:
Shyt crazy. My day 1’s are family, it would be a got damn shame if my own fam set me up. I wouldn’t know how to feel after that :wow:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
At some point we're going to have to reach the conclusion that mainstream hip hop is NOT entertainment. The rappers literally tell us this.

the wild shyt is that cats like Tyler or Gambino are probably telling us more truth than so called street rappers who are openly talking about bricks, guns that we know they don’t use and street credibility that doesn’t translate when an opp comes at them anyway.

if you’re in the street moving so much weight and basically your own boss then it must be a step down signing with a Jew, having his company decide your release date and then him eating off of your sales since he loaned you money to pay for beats and jewels.

out of these new gen rappers I only believe the lean/pill ones because those motherfukkas die every other month so CLEARLY they are living that life.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
How about making dumb ass decisions can be dangerous......rap didn't kill pop smoke......awful decision making killed pop smoke. Nikkas want to live in the streets for real for real and blend that with a legit musical career....ok whatever, but when the street life has the consequences it has, don't go blaming hip hop nikka:stopitslime:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How about making dumb ass decisions can be dangerous......rap didn't kill pop smoke......awful decision making killed pop smoke. Nikkas want to live in the streets for real for real and blend that with a legit musical career....ok whatever, but when the street life has the consequences it has, don't go blaming hip hop nikka:stopitslime:
Yall really get delusional over this topic

Was biggie moving stupid when he was murdered in LA or did someone just put a bag on a famous rapper's head while he was out there for an awards show??

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Yall really get delusional over this topic

Was biggie moving stupid when he was murdered in LA or did someone just put a bag on a famous rapper's head while he was out there for an awards show??
We not talking about biggie....we talkin bout Pop Smoke nikka.....and was Tupac movin stupid, yes....and so was a bunch of other artists I’ll miss, I wasn’t sayin all rappers make bad decisions....but a lot of them do and hip hop doesn’t have anything to do with that