2Chainz says that being a successful rapper is dangerous

Daps
It’s about the company you keep. Rappers who rap about street shyt and then feel the need to “live their lyrics” to not come off as a fraud or cuz they’re genuinely street dudes are obviously at more danger than most others. Their well known prosperity exacerbates the issue.

It’s not a rapper thing, this is true of any successful person who is determined to remain in that street life in some way or fashion. We’ve seen it happen with actors, athletes, even regular people who get successful but still keep going back to the hood. Even if you’re just kicking it with the homies and not up to any bad deeds. If you spend a lot of time in close proximity to criminals, you’re far more likely to be a victim of said criminals. It ain’t hard to tell. :yeshrug:

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
:patrice: every rapper on this list has been in some shyt at some point in time in their career.. if you are saying they having grown since these incidents, you need to allow these new age rappers the same (decades) time period to grow as well.. they aint move any smarter when they were these rappers age

Drake got slapped by Diddy just a few years ago and pissed on by one of TI friends at a movie theatre :patrice:

Dre was terrorized by Suge Knight for 20 years, Suge Knight is doing a life sentence for going to see Dre at a movie set, that 2 people died because of this interaction :patrice:

Cube has been knocked out and drugged out his own car in broad day light and robbed :patrice:

Jay-Z got hit over the head with a bottle by Big Pun :patrice:

anything can happen to anyone at any time
People have conflicts, people have fights, but the majority of the people on that list ain't talking bout doing harm to anyone off the mic. Or trying to convince you they really get busy in the streets. Even though quite a few of them are really with the shyts.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That used to be the case, but then they were ridiculed for not being what they rap about. Then real nikkas came into rap and it's been all the rage. People /the fans are more concerned with rappers real life exploits than their actual music.
I could listen to Kurtis Blow rap about basketball, and be just as entertained as hearing a breh talk about all the times he had to sell crack to put food on the table.
Not every movie needs to be Goodfellas, there's room for some Airbud in there. :mjgrin:
that one girl went viral for bytch imma cow. so anything can be a hit song as far as i'm concerned.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Dre been good

Cube been good

ice t living good

e-40 been good

Nas and Jay doing good

Kendrick Lamar and Jay Cole straight

Drake straight

He just a eazy lic for people and probably don’t have the right security around him who could be trusted and the right circle
Dre got snuffed at an award show in front of Quincy Jones

And Cube got put to sleep by the dude who played Franklin in GTAV

They learned after that tho

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
People have conflicts, people have fights, but the majority of the people on that list ain't talking bout doing harm to anyone off the mic. Or trying to convince you they really get busy in the streets. Even though quite a few of them are really with the shyts.
I guess yall forget that Ice Cube stayed waving AKs around back in the day?

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
I could listen to Kurtis Blow rap about basketball, and be just as entertained as hearing a breh talk about all the times he had to sell crack to put food on the table.
Not every movie needs to be Goodfellas, there's room for some Airbud in there. :mjgrin:
that one girl went viral for bytch imma cow. so anything can be a hit song as far as i'm concerned.
I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that for the past 30 years it's been mostly about how "real" you are.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Playing with guns does not equal. I'm bout to slide on these nikkas, we outchea, we bout to drop some bodies. Tell me one time Ice Cube said that. Now ask how many times has soeone like 50 Cent said it, or Pop Smoke, NBA Youngboy, etc,
Man what??

You must be young

NWA habitually stated that they were about that action